- Excursion of Lhamo Latso Lake - one of the sacred lakes of Tibet.
- Sightseeing tour of Lhasa : Visit to Potala Palace, Norbulingka Palace, Jokhang Temple, Tibet Museum, Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery and other interesting sites.
- Cross the challenging Lung La Pass at 5120 meters.
- Experience the Tibetan culture in a seldom visited area of Tibet.
Lhamo latso Lake is located in the Yarlung Valley of Tibet. Lakes play a huge role within Tibet's sacred geography. The trek's main highlight is an incredible journey to one of the sacred lakes of Tibet - Lhamo Latso Lake. Lhamo Latso Trekking is an wonderful opportunity for exploring Tibetan culture in a remote and sacred region of Tibet. The lake holds a huge religious significance among the Buddhist Lamas. It has become a tradition for Lamas to meditate here in search of a newly re-incarnated Dalai Lama. The trip also includes two days guided sightseeing tour at Lhasa where we will visit several historical buildings and religious sites including Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Norbulingka Palace.
Lhamo Latso Trekking with Nepal Guide Treks starts at Lhasa - the holy city. At Lhasa we will spend two days full sightseeing tour - visits to Potala Palace, Norbulingka Palace, Jokhang Temple, Tibet Museum, Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery and shoppers' favorite - Barkhor Bazaar. From Lhasa we will take a drive towards Rutok - the starting point of the trek. We start our trek by crossing a stone bridge and entering a south trending valley that leads to the crossing of Magong La Pass at 4820 meters and towards Woka. From Woka, we follow a trail that goes east-northeast over the Lung La Pass at 5120 meters. Before reaching Chokorgyel, we will trek through a field of thick snow that covers the sides of the prominent peak with a small lake at its base. Three valleys converge at this point. We will follow the trail that goes northeast towards Lhamo Latso lake. After exploring the lake we will re-trace our steps back to Chokorgyel before taking a drive to Tsedang. From Tsedang, we continue on our forward journey with a drive along the Yarlung valley towards Lhasa.
Day 01: Arrival at Lhasa [3600m/11808ft] & transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Sightseeing tour at Lhasa
Day 03: Sightseeing tour at Lhasa
Day 04: Drive to Rutok [4310m/14136ft] via Gaden monastery
Day 05: Trek from Rutok to Magong la pass [4820m/15809ft] [6-7 hrs Trek]
Day 06: Trek to Dzingchi [4020m/13185ft] [6-7 hrs Trek]
Day 07: Trek to Woka [4120m/13513ft] [5-6 hrs Trek]
Day 08: Trek to Peching Shang [4100m/13448ft] [7-8 hrs Trek]
Day 09: Trek to Pende Bridge [4000m/13120ft] [7-8 hrs Trek]
Day 10: Trek to Shumtse Kang [4320m/ [6-7 hrs Trek]
Day 11: Trek to Lungla Pass [5120m/16793ft] [3-4 hrs Trek]
Day 12: Trek to Chokorgyel Gompa [4500m/14760ft] [2-3 hrs Trek]
Day 13: Trek to Lhamo Lhatso [4900m/16072ft] [5-6 hrs Trek] & back to Chokorgyel
Day 14: Drive from Chokorgyel Gompa to Tsedang [3700m/12136ft]
Day 15: Explore Yarlung Valley and drive back to Lhasa
Day 16: Fly from Lhasa to Kathmandu.
Day 17: Transfer to International Airport for departure
The above itinerary outline can be easily tailor-made according to your preference, purpose of visit, and length of stay. Contact us
to customize this trip as per your requirement
for Detailed Itinerary...
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given bellow:
||Price in USD
|September 20, 2017
||October 6, 2017
||Book Now !
|October 5, 2017
||October 21, 2017
||Book Now !
|November 2, 2017
||November 18, 2017
||Book Now !
OPEN: This date is available and open for bookings. Go for it!
GUARANTEED: Guaranteed departure. Seat Available.
LIMITED: Guaranteed departure, Limited seat. You can send booking request for availability.
FULL:This date is currently unavailable. Please contact us if you are interested in traveling on this date.
Your Program Duration = 17 Days
All the Prices are in USD Per Person basis.
- All necessary Tibet Travel Permits
- Nepal to Tibet Visa Procedure and Fees
- Trekking permits and fees
- Flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa and Lhasa to Kathmandu
- All ground transportation by Private Vehicle including Airport Pick up and Drop.
- Accommodation in standard hotels for cities
- BB Plan in cities
- Camping accommodation during trekking
- All meals includes in trekking period
- All essential camping equipments
- General first aid kids
- Required numbers of Trekking Guide and supportive staffs
- Staffs food, clothing, salary and insurance
- City sightseeing as per itinerary with local Guide
- All necessary entry fees for city sightseeing
- Cost of Government and Local Taxes
Service does not includes
- Lunch and Dinner in cities
- Accommodation and meals in Kathmandu outside the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides, drivers, cook and porters
- Personal Trekking Equipments & personal expanses