- Annapurna Circuit Mountain Biking
- Max Elevation
- 5416m at Thorong La Pass
- Trip Duration
- 17 Days
- Trip Grade
- Moderate to Adventurous
- Eco Lodges
- Full Board during Biking Tour & BB Plan on City
- Group Size
- Minimum 2
- Best Season
- Autumn and Spring
- Per Day Walk
- Approx 5 - 6 Hours
Trip Highlights of Annapurna Circuit Mountain Biking :
- Experience the thrilling mountain biking adventure while exploring the Annapurna Region’s rich flora and fauna including its welcoming and friendly people, their culture and tradition.
- The crossing of the challenging Thorong La Pass at 5416 meters.
- Kali Gandaki Valley – world’s deepest gorge
- Amazing view of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Mt. Gangapurna, Mt Fishtail, Mt. Himchuli, Tilicho Peak and several snow-capped peaks
Trip Introduction :
Annapurna Circuit Mountain Biking is an excellent opportunity for adventure-seeking bikers to explore the Annapurna region and enjoy great adventures in the Himalayas. The ultimate mountain biking adventure in the Annapurna region comprises of high traverses into the snow-covered mountains with maximum opportunity for discovering the hidden wonders and being the part of simply unbeatable mountain biking experience in the Himalayas.
The trip includes the crossing of the famous and challenging Throng La Pass at 5416 meters. Besides, one can enjoy the majestic views of high mountain chains within the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri massif. The recent construction of Jeep trails has created significant impacts and possibilities, especially for mountain bikers to go for a high altitude mountain biking experience that cannot be matched anywhere else in the world.
Annapurna Circuit Mountain Biking with Nepal Guide Treks starts at Kathmandu. At Kathmandu we will have a cycling tour in some best trails around some of Kathmandu’s fascinating villages and temples, exploring the valley’s culture and experiencing the daily lives of the local people. From Kathmandu, we take a drive to Besi Sahar – the starting point of the biking trip.
We start our mountain biking adventure by following a trail that is a rough jeep track towards Jagat. After riding a few kilometres on the jeep track, the trail towards Tal is mainly pushing and carrying off the bike through steep rocky trail before descending down to the valley of Tal. Our biking trail from Tal leads through fascinating fields with close views of surrounding peaks towards Chame.
We will continue to ascend from Chame, passing through the pine forest towards a fertile agricultural valley. We ride along the dirt trails that go through villages and settlements, exploring and experiencing the daily lives of the local people towards Pisang. From Pisang, our forward biking journey goes through a wide valley passing through several monasteries towards Manang.
It is necessary to have good acclimatization in high altitudes. At Manang, we will spend a rest day for acclimatization. Besides, Manang offers many short excursions that are worth spending a good day. From Manang, we continue on our biking adventure paddling through narrow and medieval streets. Peddling in the higher altitudes becomes difficult, so going slow while enjoying the region’s scenery and culture is the best thing to do.
Also, one must be physically and mentally prepared for the crossing of challenging Thorong La Pass at 5416 meters. We will make an early start for the crossing of the pass as it can be windy later in the day which will make it harder for its crossing. After 4 hours of climbing, we will reach the top of the pass, and once at the top, the trail descends on a very steep slope towards Muktinath and then to the medieval village of Kagbeni.
From Kagbeni, we continue to descend leaving the higher altitudes to tropical lowlands passing through Jomsom, Marpha and to Beni. The ultimate mountain biking adventure at Annapurna circuit with Nepal Guide Treks ends with a drive from Beni to Pokhara and another drive from Pokhara back to Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu [1345m/4411ft] and transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Cycling tour at Kathmandu Valley
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Besi Sahar [760m/2492ft][5-6 hrs Drive]
- Day 04: Ride from Besi Sahar to Jagat [1360m/4460ft][18 km]
- Day 05: Ride from Jagat to Tal [1700m/5576ft][20 km]
- Day 06: Ride from Tal to Chame [2710m/8891ft][21 km]
- Day 07: Ride from Chame to Pisang [3300m/10824ft][17 km]
- Day 08: Ride from Pisang to Manang [3551m/11647ft][19 km]
- Day 09: Rest/Acclimatization day at Manang
- Day 10: Ride from Manang to Yak Kharka [4,110m/13,484ft][15 km]
- Day 11: Ride from Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi [4600m/15092ft][12 km]
- Day 12: Ride from Thorong Phedi to Kagbeni [2800m/9184ft][22 km] via Thorong La Pass [5416m/17764ft]
- Day 13: Ride from Kagbeni to Tatopani [1190m/3903ft][42 km]
- Day 14: Ride from Tatopani to Beni [830m/2722ft][35 km] & Drive to Pokhara
- Day 15: Drive from Pokhara back to Kathmandu
- Day 16: Leisure day at Kathmandu
- Day 17: Transfer to International Airport for departure
- Airport Arrival and departure transfer by private vehicle
- 4 nights stay in Kathmandu and 1 night stay in Pokhara with BB Plan
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu including tour guide and entry fees
- Required land transportation by Private Vehicle – as per mentioned in Itinerary
- All meals [B/F, Lunch & Dinner] during a biking trip
- Tea House Accommodation biking tour
- ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Permit), TIMS (Trekker’s Information Management System) and required permits
- Highly experienced Mountain Biking Guide
- Required Number of Porters to carry
- Staffs food, clothing, salary & Insurance.
- General First aid Kids
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- All tax, vats and necessary paperwork
- Your personal Travel Insurance
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Personal expanses
- Mountain bikes and its expanses like maintenance, repairing.
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|13 Nov, 2020||29 Nov, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|18 Nov, 2020||4 Dec, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|29 Nov, 2020||15 Dec, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|5 Mar, 2021||25 Mar, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|12 Mar, 2021||1 Apr, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|19 Mar, 2021||8 Apr, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|26 Mar, 2021||15 Apr, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|3 Apr, 2021||23 Apr, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|10 Apr, 2021||30 Apr, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|17 Apr, 2021||1 May, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|24 Apr, 2021||14 May, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|7 Sep, 2021||23 Sep, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Sep, 2021||1 Oct, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|22 Sep, 2021||8 Oct, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Sep, 2021||14 Oct, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|6 Oct, 2021||22 Oct, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|16 Oct, 2021||1 Nov, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|20 Oct, 2021||5 Nov, 2021||USD 2055||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|27 Oct, 2021||12 Nov, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|6 Nov, 2021||22 Nov, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
Mountain biking is a sport of riding bicycles off-road, often over rough terrain, using specially designed mountain bikes.
Mountain bikes share similarities with other bikes but incorporate features designed to enhance durability and performance in rough terrain.
GLIMPSES OF Annapurna Circuit Mountain Biking
see what our valued client have to say
Annapurna Circuit @ Mountain BikingIda + Kiia [Finland]
A memorable mountain biking adventure that will stay with us forever !! We went on a very well planned and organized mountain biking tour around Annapurna circuit with Nepal Guide Treks. We were provided with the rented bikes which were in better conditions than the ones we owned back home. The accommodation was as good as it can get and the food was excellent. Daal - Bhaat !! We loved it. The best part of the trip was the magnificent views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges after the tiring mountain biking rides. This company is recommended to anyone interested in travel-related activities in Nepal.Wishing Best of Luck in Future !!
Great MTB adventure at Annapurna CircuitJulia + Jans + Patricia + Peter [Germany]
We just completed our mountain biking adventure around Annapurna Circuit together with Nepal Guide Treks. We want to thank NGT and the crew for providing us such an excellent and adventurous mountain biking experience in the Annapurna. We rode along some of the great trails in the Himalayas with stunning views of towering mountains. It was really nice to get to understand the culture of traditional villages along the way. We felt completely safe during the whole trip. Really want to thank the NGT team for watching over us and letting us enjoy our mountain biking adventure experience at Annapurna Circuit. Nepal Guide Treks !! Strongly Recommended for Adventure Seekers :))With Love from Germany,