- Annapurna Panorama Short Trek
- Max Elevation
- 3,210m at Poonhill
- Trip Duration
- 7 Days
- Trip Grade
- Easy - Moderate
- Eco Lodges
- Full board on Trek & BB Plan in cities
- Flight and Private Vehicle
- Group Size
- Min 2 PAX
- Best Season
- Through out the year
- Per Day Walk
- 4-6 Hours
Annapurna Panorama Short Trek with NGT highlights :
- Witness splendid mountain scenery with the full extent of Annapurna massive.
- Enjoy early morning view of maturing sunrise aggressively reflecting with snow-capped mountains.
- Enjoy a scenic flight of Kathmandu Pokhara round trip.
- Explore the majestic mountains within short and easy walking distance from the city.
Trip Introduction :
Annapurna Panorama Short Trek with Nepal Guide Treks is exclusively designed for trekkers who want to explore the magnificent Annapurna massif within a week, avoiding long and strenuous journey. This trek is the best way to explore great varied landscapes, rural and traditional farm villages, friendly locals of mostly Gurung & Magar tribes into a rain-temperate forest and to the alpine region of pines and rhododendrons.
Annapurna Panorama Short Trek with Nepal Guide Treks starts with a scenic flight to Pokhara and a short drive to Nayapul – the starting point of our trek. We start our trek passing through rhododendron and pine-filled forests, paddy fields and several cultural villages. The crucial trek into the heart of Annapurna Himalayan range greets by warm and friendly natives with their own culture and lifestyle.
We hike up to Poonhill 3,210m for fascinating and tantalizing views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Fishtail and many other snow-covered peaks. We then descend passing through Tadapani towards Nayapul. After arriving at Nayapul, we take a drive back to Pokhara. The exciting and short adventure in the Annapurna region ends with a scenic flight from Pokhara back to Kathmandu.
Please Visit: Essential Tools & Gear for Trekking
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu [1345m/4411ft] & transfer to Hotel
Our airport arrival and departure representative will be at Tribhuvan International Airport on your arrival schedule. You will be transferred to the hotel and our staff will help you until check-in procedure ends at Hotel. Either you can have rest at Hotel or visit NGT’s office. In the evening, join our welcome dinner program organized by Nepal Guide Treks and Expedition Team.
Meals: BB Plan + Welcome Dinner.
- Day 02: Fly to Pokhara [30 min flight], then drive to Nayapul [1.5 hrs drive] & Trek to Tikhedhunga [1577m/5172ft] [3-4 hrs trek]
After breakfast, we will be transferred to Domestic airport for a short and scenic flight to Pokhara. Then, a drive from Pokhara to Nayapool which is the starting point of this Annapurna Short Trek. From Nayapul we start our trek along the sub-tropical Modi Khola river valley towards Birethanti. At Birethanti we make a stop at the Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP)’s checkpoint. After completing the permit check process we continue our trek through terraced rice paddies towards Tikhedhunga.
Accommodation: Tea House Lodge
Meals: All meals [Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner]
- Day 03: Trek from Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani [2855m/9364ft] [5-6 hrs trek]
From here we follow the trail crossing a stream before climbing up a steep stoned staircase towards the large Magar village at Ulleri 2070m. We continue our trek through rhododendron and oak filled forests passing through Nangethanti to reach Ghorepani. From here we have good views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre and other fascinating snow-capped peaks.
Accommodation: Tea House Lodge
Meals: All meals [Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner]
- Day 04: Morning hike to Poonhill [3210m/10528ft] & Trek to Tadapani [2590m/8495ft] [5-6 hrs trek]
We make an early morning hike up to Poonhill for enjoying the sunrise view over Mt. Dhaulagiri 8167m, Annapurna South 7219m, Machhapuchhre (Fish-Tail) 6997m, Tukuche Peak 6920m, Hiunchuli 6441m, and other numerous snowcapped mountain peaks. Then, we continue our trail downhill through dense rhododendron filled forest towards Tadapani. On our route, we can see a variety of wild animals, birds with eye-catching waterfalls and sceneries along the way.
Accommodation: Tea House Lodge
Meals: All meals [Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner]
- Day 05: Trek from Tadapani to Nayapul [5 hrs trek] & Drive back to Pokhara [1.5 hrs drive]
The last day of this Annapurna trek leads to Nayapul with a mostly downhill trail from Tadapani. Once we reach Nayapul, we take a drive back to Pokhara. Relax your evening at Pokhara where you can go boating at Fewa Lake or just roam around the beautiful city.
Meals: BB Plan
- Day 06: Morning fly to Kathmandu. Full day free for personal activities
We take an early morning flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu. At Kathmandu, you would surely like to see as much as possible. Also, walking around the shopping area of Thamel is worth spending quality time at Kathmandu. We will have a final meal together in the evening.
Meals: BB Plan + Farewell Dinner
- Day 07: Departure from International Airport
Our Airport representative will drop you at the Airport as per your flight schedule.
- Airport Arrival and departure transfer by private vehicle
- 2 nights stay in Kathmandu and 1 night stay in Pokhara with BB Plan
- All land transportation by private vehicle as mentioned in the itinerary
- Kathmandu Pokhara Kathmandu by flight
- All meals [B/F, Lunch & Dinner] During Trekking period
- Tea House Accommodation during Trekking
- ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Permit) & TIMS (Trekker’s Information Management System)
- Highly experienced Trekking guide
- Required Number of Porters “2:1Ratio”
- Staffs food, clothing, salary & Insurance.
- General First aid Kids
- All tax, vats and necessary paperwork
- Personal nature expenses
- Bar bill and all kind of drinks
- Rescue & Evacuation
- Gratitude (tip) for staff
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|10 Mar, 2020||16 Mar, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|17 Mar, 2020||23 Mar, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|27 Mar, 2020||2 Apr, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|7 Apr, 2020||13 Apr, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|12 Apr, 2020||18 Apr, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|20 Apr, 2020||26 Apr, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|27 Apr, 2020||3 May, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|4 May, 2020||10 May, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|13 May, 2020||19 May, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|3 Sep, 2020||9 Sep, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|11 Sep, 2020||17 Sep, 2020||USD 755||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|21 Sep, 2020||27 Sep, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|30 Sep, 2020||6 Oct, 2020||USD 755||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|7 Oct, 2020||13 Oct, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|12 Oct, 2020||18 Oct, 2020||USD 755||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|20 Oct, 2020||26 Oct, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Oct, 2020||3 Nov, 2020||USD 755||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|2 Nov, 2020||8 Nov, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
|18 Nov, 2020||24 Nov, 2020||USD 755||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|21 Nov, 2020||27 Nov, 2020||USD 755||OPEN||Book Now!|
Annapurna Panorama Trek Difficulty
Nepal is a country fully blessed by Mother Nature. She has unbelievable land relief, climate, social and cultural assets. Annapurna Panorama Trek is one of the iconic trekking destinations of the Annapurna Region. Poonhill, which is also very popular as a vintage point for the exotic sunrise view is the Key highlight of this trek. Annapurna Panorama Trek really attracts anyone who loves the mix experience of nature and adventure. Poonhill (3,210m) gives invigorating view of Annapurna I, II, III and IV along with Dhaulagiri ranges, Lamjung Himal, Gangapurna, Manaslu etc.
The Annapurna Panorama Trekking is classified as a moderate trek because of its steep terrain, high elevation and basic facilities. This trail demands moderately fit person having great highland passion. Moreover, trekkers must be fairly active, follow healthy lifestyle and train regularly at least 3 months prior the trek to build up stamina and endurance capacity.
Annapurna Panorama Trek becomes a difficult journey just because of the altitude. You have to undertake 5 to 7 hours daily walk, the teahouses around here provide very basic facilities, and the trails are remote and rugged. These factors also determine the difficulty. However, this is one of the invigorating journeys.
Best Season for Annapurna Panorama Trek
Trekking and Hiking are the most popular leisure activities around the world. They can be great pursuit of happiness if they are secured and successful. Therefore, before undertaking these activities we must be very clear about when to go.
Hiking in Nepal can be done throughout the year. Autumn and spring are the best seasons to go on trekking in Nepal. Every season has something distinct. Autumn season lasts for September to November and Spring Season lasts for March to May. To visit almost all regions of Nepal these two seasons are ideal.
During Spring Season Nepal experiences moderate climate. The hills will be veiled with the blossoms of Rhododendron, orchid etc. Autumn Season is the loveliest season in Nepal. The temperature is warm even at the Mountains. The days will be clear which affords the best mountain views. These two seasons are perfect for every part of the country.
Winter season (December to January) is little colder at the Himalayas. The precipitation will be at the form snowfall. However, the days are still warmer with plenty of sunshine. The rainfall is occasional. If you like to travel in peaceful trails and can cope up with extreme cold weather, you can choose winter season.
Nepal experiences summer monsoon. We don’t recommend Summer Season (June to August) to you. However, this season can be the best time to visit the rain shadow areas like Mustang and Manang.
Preparation for Annapurna Panorama Trek
Work one after proper planning and much preparation never fails. Trekking and Hiking is also such an event which requires a lot of preparations. These pursuits require a good level of physical fitness. Not only good physique helps you out, but also a mental strength is vital. If you have undertaken some smaller hikes earlier, trekking will be much easier for you. You need to be familiar with trekking and climbing gears. Besides that you need to be aware of basic climbing and mountaineering skills also depending upon the difficulty level. Cardio, yoga, jogging, running, swimming, etc. helps you to build up your physics. Stress Endurance Practice helps you to build up your mental capacity. Similarly, have plenty of hygienic foods including protein, carbohydrates and minerals. Here are some tips for preparing for any trekking/Climbing or Hiking in Nepal:
- Go for a run or hike to hills where you have to do ascents and descents.
- Once a week, do a long walk.
- Swim and cycle.
- You can also go up and down the stairs of a tall building.
- Eat healthy food.
- Keep on doing yoga. If you can, do more yoga related to breathing.
Altitude Sickness is also known as Acute Mountain Sickness. It is a medical condition when our body could not adjust to the environment due to the low level of oxygen in the air. At high altitude, the level of the oxygen in the air is thin due to which our body can not adjust easily to the environment. Normally, it is more common above 2500 meter above the symptoms.
Common Symptoms: Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Vomiting, Fatigue, Loss of Appetite, Trouble Sleeping etc.
Types of Altitude Sickness:
- Acute Mountain Sickness: It is very common at high altitude and can cause vomiting, dizziness, nausea etc. overall, it is the mildest form of altitude sickness.
- High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (HAPE): It is a very dangerous and life threatening conditions because fluid is built up in the lungs.
- High Altitude Cerebral Edema (HACE): It is the most severe stage of Altitude Sickness because fluid is built up in the brain. It is life threatening one. The victim will be unable to walk, breathe and ultimately in Coma.
If you realize any other symptoms associated with Altitude Sickness other than Headache, just change your elevation. If the symptoms are severe, you need immediate medical attention. You need to consult with a physician. The best treatment of Altitude Sickness is to climb down as low as possible. If you are at a very high altitude, just climb below 4000m. If you have High Altitude Cerebral Edema (HACE), you might need a steroid called Dexamethasone. If you have High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (HAPE), you will need supplemental oxygen and other medications.
The best way to prevent Altitude Sickness is to have a lot of Acclimatization. That simply means climb high and sleep low. Here are some of the basic guidelines for preventing Altitude Sickness.
- Do not climb hurriedly. Keep your pace steady.
- Do have a lot of acclimatization.
- Do not drink alcohol or do not smoke.
- Drink plenty of fresh water.
- Eat plenty of hygienic foods.
- Use Diamox Pills 24 hrs prior to the climb.
Trekking Gears for Annapurna Panorama Trek
For the safe, secure, and successful trekking experience, we need some gears and instruments. We also may require some technical trekking instruments depending upon the difficulty grade. Here we are going to discuss briefly about trekking gears and instruments for Nepal.
Packing: Duffle Bag (It is useful if you hire a porter, It must be waterproof, durable, and lockable), Rucksack Bag with Waterproof Cover (It is useful if you travel independently), Daypack
Clothings: Hiking Boots, Socks, Gloves, Hat, Scarf, Shell Pants, Light Weight Walking Pants, Fleece Jacket, Waterproof Jacket, Thermal Vest, T-shirts, Hiking Shorts etc.
Sleeping: Sleeping Bag, Pillow Case, and other Sleeping Accessories
Other Accessories: Trekking Poles, Water filters, Harness, Mosquito Repellent, Towel, and other luxury items.
Ten Essentials for Trekking
- Navigation (Map/ Compass)
- Sun Protection (Sunglass/Sun Screen)
- Insulation( Extra Clothing)
- Illumination (Headlamp/ Flashlight)
- First Aid Supplies
- Fire (Waterproof Matches/lighter/ Candle)
- Repair Kits and tools
- Nutrition (Extra Food)
- Emergency Shelter (Tent/ Plastic Tube Tent/ Garbage supplies)
- Extra Clothes
Is Nepal Safe for Trekking?
No doubt, Nepal is safe. In fact, it is safer than any other countries of the world. Nepal is a country full of diversities. Nepali people are hospitable, kind, and cultured. Nepali people are also religious and spiritual by nature. Therefore, they understand the language of love and kindness better than other. For them, service to human is service to the God.
Tourism is the mainstay of the Nepalese economy. Trekking is the best thing to do in Nepal. Nepal has so many trekking destinations which offer you the best memories of your life. But the trails in many different parts of Nepal are yet to be discovered. High Altitude, unpredictable weather conditions, strenuous trails, are not easy to handle. Snow storm and snow blast are the other challenges that may disturb you otherwise Trekking in Nepal is full of Surprises. It is a museum full of social, cultural, and natural riches.
As far as your safety concerned, Nepal is safe for trekking and hiking. The existing trekking trails are upgraded and they have become populous. The 10 years long armed revolution has also come to an end with peaceful politics. Along with the formulation of her new constitution, the socio economic development of Nepal has started to speed up. No more procession, rallies, strikes will disturb you.
On the other hand, the scars of devastating earthquake (2015 AD) are also being healed up along with the completion of reconstruction. You shouldn’t bother about your safety and security in Nepal. It is our responsibility to satisfy you. Putting Visit Nepal -2020 into considerations, Nepal has been working out day and night to make her safe, secure and worth visiting country in the globe.
Don’t let the opportunity go, come and visit Nepal in 2020.
Most of the classic trekking destinations in Nepal have developed the basic infrastructures for tourism industry. There won’t be problem for your meal. In Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan, and other major cities you will have a varieties of dishes including Indian, Continental, Chinese, Italian and other. Whereas, at remote areas where there are no or few tea house are located, our crew will prepare meal for you. There won’t be much varieties since the will have to carry the entire camping and kitchen instrument with themselves which is practically very difficult. But we strive hard to provide healthy food with added delicacy.
Our trekking packages include Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
We offer you a three star accommodation while in Kathmandu. We will be staying at the available lodge or teahouse on the trek. Some of the trekking regions have adequate teahouse whereas some are very remote and we shall depend on Camping. You have to be ready to spend night under the tent for some days in some places. Otherwise, we shall provide you a comfortable stay at hotels with en suite bathroom and hot showers. The rooms will be single or twin sharing as per the availability.
Tips for Annapurna Panorama Trek
- Try not alone; always hire a professional local trekking Guide
- Learn safety rules
- Acclimatize and Acclimatize
- Choose the right trail for your fitness
- Carry local currency
- Pace yourself, don’t travel under pressure
- Wear the most comfortable dress help you to succeed
- Select a Government Licensed Trekking Agency
- Be familiar with the trails
- Check the weather condition before you begin
- Tell someone where you will be
- Buy an Insurance Policy with the appropriate coverage
- Pack ten Essentials
Annapurna Panorama Trek is one of the best treks for observing sunrise and sunset. If you want to be familiar with Himalayas, typical Nepali culture, and fill your spirit with a lot of sweet experience, Ghorepani Poonhill Trek is an ideal option. Most significantly, it is a great photography trek as well. This Annapurna Panorama Trek is amongst the easiest trek that takes you to the heights with no possibility of altitude sickness and lets you enjoy the close up views of mountains in Annapurna region
If you are planning for a trek in Nepal and have not yet decided which way to go, we recommend you to choose this trek. If you want more information, please feel free to contact us. Nepal Guide Treks and Expedition sincerely wants to assist you with much vital information.
Immigration Office at Kathmandu Airport Facilitating Tourist Visa on arrival.
Two Weeks – 30 USD
One Month (Four Weeks) – 50 USD
Three Month (90 Days) – 125 USD
For more info, please email at email@example.com
Visa Extension Fees:
Tourist Visa Extension required a minimum of 15 days (USD 45)and USD 3 for each extra days.
- Two Passport-sized photos with a light background.
- Bring Cash USD to get the visa fee.
- Your passport must valid for at least 6 months.
- Spring and Autumns are the best seasons for Annapurna Panorama Short Trek.
- March to June, September to November are the best months for Annapurna Panorama Short Trek.
- Annapurna Panorama Short Trek: 6 Hours per day
- A comprehensive Annapurna Panorama Short Trek takes a minimum of 2 weeks.
The difficulties of the Annapurna Panorama Short Trek depends on these common factors:
- Weather Condition and Temperature
- The route you have chosen for climbing
- Physical Fitness
- Sometimes, High Altitude Sickness
- The distance you covered in the whole trip.
- Clothing and Equipment
At City: Kathmandu
- Hotel / Resorts ( one room for two people)
- Note: if you need a single room, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Single Room, we charge a single supplement.
- Eco Lodges ( a small house with few rooms at remote areas)
Yes, Trekking Guide is very essential for Annapurna Panorama Short Trek because it is not just for being a bit technical, but also due to several reasons like:
- Trekking Rules and Regulations of Nepal Government.
- Provide Trekking Training Before Any Trekking.
- Sound Altitude Experience
- Personal Care and Safety, Medical Care
- Speak Fluently English
Yes, there is a variety of communication facilities like internet, satellite phone etc.
For communication, we have satellite phone through which you can communicate with your friends or relatives for which you have to pay USD $3 per minute.
In case of an emergency, communication with our company will be free of cost.
Due to remote sections, the mobile network is not available but you can use the internet up to 5000 m.
- Jackets (Fiber or down).
- Woollen shirts and thick sweaters.
- Waterproof jacket with hood or poncho.
- Track shoes
- Thermal Underwear and Thermal coat
- 2 pair of loose-fitting long shorts/ skirts
- Pair of Gloves
- Pair of sandals
- Thermal underwear.
- Woollen hat
- Long-sleeved shirt.
- Towel and Hankies.
- Lightweight walking boots
- 2 pairs of thin socks and 2 pair of woollen socks
- Snow glasses and sunglasses
- Trekking Sticks.
- Duffle bag or kit bag to carry to gear while trekking.
- 2-4 plastics bags 2-4 large plastic bags to separate clean clothes from dirty ones. 6-10 smaller plastic bags to dispose of garbage.
- Daypack bag to carry your personal requirements.
- Water Bottle, water purifying tablets
- Quick Dry Towels
- Headlamp, Torch, Candles
- Matches / Lighters
- Binocular, Camera, trekking map and compass, pillow, knife, passport photograph, reading materials, pencil, rubber, pen and notebook, lip guard
If there is an emergency, our trekking guide will help you during difficult situations with safety care, medical treatment and communication services.
Communication is also available as the internet and satellite phone, so a guide would help you if something critical situation occurs.
Depending upon the steep hills, slopes and difficulties and high altitude of the trail one porter can carry 25 kilograms of weight.
Usually, we provide one porter for one client.
But, We will also provide porter according to the size of your group if needed.
GLIMPSES OF Annapurna Panorama Short Trek
see what our valued client have to say
Unforgettable Annapurna Trek – GermanyAdalrik, Jaye and Janez [Germany]
Our first visits to Nepal become really amazing with short Annapurna view trek organized by Nepal Guide Treks and Expedition. Really appreciate well-arranged trekking, excellent guide and porters and I also don’t wanna forget complimentary welcome and farewell dinner at Ship Restaurant. I strongly recommend Nepal Guide Team to visit Nepal with a package trip.
Short tour Annapurna with great peopleVisited on 2015 Emma, Lina, Andrew, Mike, Mashel and Julia [New Zealand]
We did a 7 day itinerary with of Annapurna short trek with Nepal Guide Treks and Expedition and it exceeded all of our expectations. From the moment we arrived in Nepal, we were taken care of. Our drivers were always on time and the trekking guides were genuine and knowledgeable. We did 4 days tea house trekking and remaining 3 days spend in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Ouch I'm sorry, I forget the name of our brave guide SHERPA, was a fabulous trek guide and his passion for the Nepalese culture and history is highly appreciated. We loved the food and all of the porters. I will never forget their home and the memories we made there. We cannot say sufficient time there due to our short length of holiday, we will surely visit the Himalayan country Nepal again and again.
Annapurna short tour – AustraliaAna [Afghanistan]
I spent one week in Nepal since my short holiday duration. The highlight of my trip was a trek organized by Nepal Guide Treks and Expedition and guided by Lapuri Sherpa in the Annapurna short trip. They made all of the arrangements, booked great hotels and handled transportation in Kathmandu and to and from the trek. The trek itself was amazing, and one of the best experiences of my life. I am hoping to return to Nepal in 2014 and will definitely book my trip with this Nepal Guide Treks Team.