- Bird Watching Tour in Nepal
- Trip Duration
- 10 Days
- Trip Grade
- Eco Lodges
- BB Plan in Kathmandu and Full board during Chitwan and Koshi Tappu
- Private vehicle & flight
- Group Size
- Minimum 2
- Best Season
Trip Highlights of Bird Watching Tour :
- Bird Watching tour to Nagarjun Hill, located prime location near Kathmandu
- Bird Watching & Wildlife tour to Nepal’s oldest Chitwan National Park
- Bird Watching tour to Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve located the eastern corner of Nepal
- The full extent of bird watching tour covering major bird-watching spots in Nepal.
Trip Introduction :
Nepal Guide Treks and Expedition offering a package trip of bird watching tour in Nepal covering with major bird-watching spots; Phulchoki, Nagarjun, Chitwan National Park and Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve. We assume this tour provides lifetime experience of bird watching in Nepal.
Bird Watching in Phulchuki:
Phulchoki is a famous bird-watching spot located 20 km south of the hub of Kathmandu. It is highest hill station near from Kathmandu valley offers an ideal description of Nepalese birds. We start our bird watching journey to Phulchoki after a short drive to Godawori (lap of Phulchoki hill), then climb up to the hill through the jungle which is home of several spices of resident birds as well as travelling birds.
We can see there; Besra, Black Eagle, Mountain Hawk-Eagle, Kalij Pheasant, Common Hill Partridge, Ashy Woodpigeon, Wedge-tailed Green Pigeon, Mountain Scops Owl, Collared Owlet, Golden-throated Barbet, Speckled Piculet, Crimson-breasted Pied and Rufous-bellied Pied Woodpeckers, Grey-chinned Minivet, Striated Bulbul, Orange-bellied Leafbird, Spotted Forktail, Chestnut-headed and grey-bellied Teslas,
Chestnut-crowned and black-faced Warblers, Rufous-bellied Niltava, Lesser Scaly-breasted Wren Babbler, Streak-breasted Scimitar-Babbler, Grey-throated and Spiny Babblers, White-crested, striated, Rufous-chinned and grey-sided Laughing thrushes, Red-billed Leiothrix, Cuttia, White-browed Green and Black-eared Shrike-Babblers, Hoary Barwing, Blue-winged Minla, Nepal Fulvetta, Yellow-browed Tit, Brown-throated Treecreeper, Black-throated Sunbird, Maroon Oriole, Eurasian and Lancelated Jays, Red-billed Blue Magpie and Brown Bullfinch .
Bird Watching in Nagarjun Jungle :
Nagarjun Jungle is another destination for bird watching paradise, located near from Kathmandu city. Well protected dense forests of Nagarjun offers to experience great bird watching tour. Mainly Northern Eagle, Owl, Red-billed Blue Magpie, Long-tailed Mountain Thrush, Chestnut-headed Bee-Eater, Maroon Oriole, Large Hawk-Cuckoo, and Eurasian Woodcock are making their home inside this jungle.
Bird Watching in Chitwan National Park :
Chitwan National Park is one of the oldest National Parks in Nepal. It is also a UNESCO world heritage sites offers great wildlife tour experience as well as bird watching tour. 932 square kilometre of its area filled with dense forests, plain lands is a residential place for more than 450 spices of birds, world’s rare one-horned Rhino and many more wildlife animals.
Mainly Chitwan National Park contains birds like; Cormorants, Darter, Cinnamon Bittern, Black-crowned Night and Purple Herons, Asian Openbill, Woolly-necked and Lesser Adjutant Storks, Lesser Whistling Duck, Cotton Pygmy Goose, Balloons Ruddy-breasted and Brown Crakes, Purple Gallinule, Bronze-winged Jacana, Painted Snipe and Stork-billed Kingfisher, Chestnut-crowned and Spotted Bush Warblers, Yellow bellied Prinia, Clamorous Reed, dusky and Smoky Warblers, Red-capped Babbler,
Brown Fish Owl, Changeable Hawk-Eagle, Kalij Pheasant, Emerald Dove, Orange-breasted Green and Pompadour Green Pigeon, Moustached Parakeet, Green-billed Malkoha, Brown Hawk Owl, Crested Treeswift, Pied and Great Hornbills, Streak-throated Green, Rufous, Himalayan Golden-backed and Greater Golden- backed Woodpeckers, Large Woodshrike Rosy Minivet, Black- crested Bulbul, Golden fronted Leafbird, Pale-chinned Flycatcher, Black-napped Monarch, Puff-throated Babbler,
White-browed Scimitar-Babbler, Grey-throated Babbler, Crimson Sunbird, Thick-billed Flowerpecker, Hill Mynah, Black-hooded Oriole, White-rumped Shama, Lesser Necklaced, Greater Necklaced and Rufous-necked Laughing-thrushes, Nepal Fulvetta, Streaked Spiderhunter, yellow-bellied Warbler, Rufous-bellied Eagle, Forest Eagle, Tawny Fish Owls, Red-headed Trogon, White-browed Piculet, Great Slaty Woodpecker, Long-tailed Broadbill, Ruby-cheeked Sunbird and Little Spiderhunter.
Bird Watching in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve:
The Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is located in an eastern region of Nepal with its area 175 square kilometre. As the reserve lies in the bank side of Sapta-Koshi River, several spices of water birds can be seen. More than 280 spices of residential and migratory birds are recorded inside this wildlife reserve. Koshi Tappu is also home of wild animals such as wild buffalo, blue cows, deer, Gangetic dolphins, gharials and crocodiles. Highlights of bird watching in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve includes 20 species of ducks, 2 species of ibises, many storks, egrets, herons and the endangered swamp partridge and Bengal florican.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel
- Pick up from Airport and transfer to Hotel
- Evening Welcome dinner with NGT
Day 02: Drive to Godawori and hike to Phulchoki
- After breakfast, drive to Godawori [45 min]
- Hike to Phulchoki hill via jungles
- On the way enjoy seeing various spices of birds
- Packet lunch En-route
- Jeep ride back from Phulchoki to Kathmandu
- Back to Hotel
Day 03: Bird watching to Nagarjun Hill
- After breakfast, drive to Nagarjun
- Hike to Nagarjun Hill
- View of various spices of birds
- En-route packet lunch
- Back to hotel
Day 04: Drive to Chitwan National Park
- Check-in hotel, Welcome drink.
- Lunch at the hotel.
- Elephant safari or canoeing.
- Evening village tour and Tharu cultural program.
- Dinner & Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 05: Chitwan National Park
- Early morning Bird watching or Nature walk.
- After breakfast, Canoeing or Elephant safari.
- Lunch at the hotel.
- Visit the Elephant breeding centre & museum.
- Evening free for personal activities, sunset view.
- Dinner & Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 06: Fly from Chitwan to Kathmandu then to Biratnagar and drive to Koshi tappu
- Fly to Kathmandu (Tribhuwan International Airport)
- Fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar
- Drive to Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- Bird Watching walk to surrounding places [3 hrs]
- Dinner and overnight stay
Day 07: Bird Watching tour to Koshi tappu
- Early morning nature walk and bird watching tour [3 Hrs]
- Breakfast at Camp
- Rafting at Sapta Koshi River
- View of water birds, water buffaloes, dolphins and several other water habitats
- Lunch at Resort
- Evening, drive to Koshi Barrage to have bird watching, and view of freshwater dolphins
- Back to resort, dinner and overnight stay
Day 08: Bird Watching tour to Koshi tappu
- Early morning jungle walk/Nature walk tour [3 hrs]
- Breakfast at Camp
- Bird watching in the surrounding of Koshi Riverside
- Cross Koshi Barrage
- Packet lunch en-route
- Back to Camp, dinner and overnight stay
Day 09: Drive to Biratnagar and fly to Kathmandu
- After Breakfast, drive to Biratnagar
- Fly from Biratnagar to Kathmandu
- Pick up from Airport and transfer to Hotel
- Free for personal activities
- Evening, farewell dinner with NGT
Day 10: International departure as per flight schedule
Note: The above itinerary outline can be easily tailor-made according to your preference, purpose of visit, and length of stay. Contact us to customize this trip as per your requirement
- Airport Arrival and Departure transfer by Private Vehicle
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with BB Plan as per mentioned in Itinerary
- Guided Bird Watching tour to Phulchuki, Nagarjun, Chitwan National Park and Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- All required ground transport by Private Vehicle
- Chitwan – Kathmandu – Biratnagar – Kathmandu flight
- All Jungle activities in Chitwan National park as per mentioned itinerary
- National Park fees and all required charges
- Resort accommodation with all meals during Chitwan Stay
- Wildlife specialist guide in Chitwan National Park
- All jungle activities in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve as mentioned in Itinerary
- Wildlife Reserve fees and all required charges
- Wildlife Camp accommodation with all meals includes during Bardia Stay
- Wildlife specialist guide in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner
- Applicable Government, local taxes and all necessary paperwork
- Your travel insurance
- International flight and departure tax
- Any expense of personal nature
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any kinds of Bar bills
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|7 Oct, 2020||16 Oct, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|14 Oct, 2020||23 Oct, 2020||USD 2055||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|15 Oct, 2020||24 Oct, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|19 Oct, 2020||28 Oct, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|22 Oct, 2020||31 Oct, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Oct, 2020||6 Nov, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|7 Nov, 2020||16 Nov, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Nov, 2020||24 Nov, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Nov, 2020||24 Nov, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|21 Nov, 2020||30 Nov, 2020||USD 2055||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|21 Nov, 2020||30 Nov, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Nov, 2020||7 Dec, 2020||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Mar, 2021||24 Mar, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|21 Mar, 2021||30 Mar, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|25 Mar, 2021||3 Apr, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Mar, 2021||6 Apr, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|5 Apr, 2021||14 Apr, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|10 Apr, 2021||19 Apr, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Apr, 2021||24 Apr, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|20 Apr, 2021||29 Apr, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|25 Apr, 2021||4 May, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|1 Sep, 2021||10 Sep, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|9 Sep, 2021||18 Sep, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|11 Sep, 2021||20 Sep, 2021||USD 2055||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|15 Sep, 2021||24 Sep, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|21 Sep, 2021||30 Sep, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|27 Sep, 2021||6 Oct, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|1 Oct, 2021||10 Oct, 2021||USD 2055||OPEN||Book Now!|
Bird Watching Tour in Nepal
Nepal is a paradise for a bird watcher. Nepal is blessed with a vast array of exceptionally rich birdlife with a total of 850 species of birds. The diverse topographical condition and climate have resulted in a variety of habitats within the country. Therefore, Nepal provides a home to over 10% of the total bird population of the world. There are many famous destinations in Nepal for bird-watching. Some of them are Phuchowki Hill, Godawari, Chitwan National Park, Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve etc. Phulchowki hill is one of the most popular bird-watching spots in the valley. Phulchowki Hill preserves a total of 288 species of the birds. Spiny Babbler, Hoary-throated Barwing, fowls, and other migratory birds are the major attraction of this region.
Similarly, Chitwan National Park preserves a total of 540 species of the birds. The park provides a home to Bengal Florican, Gray Crowned Prinis, Slender Billed Babbler, Lesser Adjutant and other birds. Besides, that high altitude birds like Ibisbill are also found in many different places of Nepal including Hetauda. Cattle Egrets, Swallows, Mynah and Bulbuls are the resident birds in Nepal.
Bird Watching Tour in Nepal is the most wonderful recreational activity. From the subtropical forests of low-land Terai to the high altitude mountains, an incredible range of birds is residing. The varieties of the birds will the panoramic mountain views, a glimpse of wild animals, exposure to the local art and culture etc will offer you the best scene for the photography. This Trek not only takes you in a mesmerizing journey but also provides you with an opportunity to encounter the unique surrounding areas.
Why you should come on a Photography Tour?
Travel opens your heart, broadens your mind and fills your life with stories to tell. Travelling is the best pursuit. It broadens your mind. Photography is the only language that can be understood anywhere in the world. Photography tour is the best thing to do which makes you closer to nature, culture and other vital aspects. Nepal’s magnificent landscapes, historical, cultural and religious assets are just the perfect reason to have a photography tour in Nepal. Here are some examples that best clarify why you should come on a Photography tour in Nepal.
- The Himalayas: Nepal is best known as a Himalayan country. The tallest mountain peak of the world- Mount Everest also lies in Nepal. Here are more than 1300 peaks. Nepal has 8 0ut of the 14 mountains over 8000m in the world. Kanchenjunga, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Makalu, Ama-Dablam, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Fishtail are some of the iconic and most exotic mountain peaks of Nepal. The mountains offer the most enchanting panorama for photography in Nepal.
- Wild lives: Nepal is also rich in bio-diversity. In recognition of the magnitude of biodiversity, the Government of Nepal has established a network of 22 protected areas since 1973, consisting of twelve national parks, three wildlife reserves, six conservation areas and one hunting reserve. Nepal’s biodiversity profile records 208 mammas, 867 birds, 123 reptiles, 55 plus amphibians, 230 freshwater fish and 651 butterfly species. This high species diversity is also accompanied by high endemism. Increasing steadily from low to high elevations, a total of 284 flowering plants, 160 animal species, including one mammal species, one bird species and 24 herpetofauna are endemic to Nepal. So, wildlife also becomes one of the major attractions for photography in Nepal.
- People, Villages and Streets: Nepal is home to 125 different ethnic communities. Each of them has its own distinct language, culture, tradition etc. Every Nepalese village is unique in their own way. The traditional Nepalese houses, settlements area, streets and everything attracts thousands of keen photographers for this wonderful tour.
- Lakes, rivers and waterfalls: Nepal is the second richest country in the water resources in the world. Here are more than 6000 river and rivulets. Koshi, Gandaki and Karnali are the major river system in Nepal. Besides that what attracts the photographers most are the lakes. Tilicho, Rara, Phoksundo, Phewa, Gokyo, etc are some of the notable lakes in Nepal. Besides that, there are hundreds of lakes and magnificent waterfalls which offer the most exotic panorama for the photographers in Nepal.
- Temples and Monasteries: Nepal is a unique example of unity in diversity in the world. This beautiful country has an amazing and unique blend of culture. You can find temples, monasteries, gompas, and shrines everywhere. The Hindu temples and Buddhist monasteries reflect the ancient socio-economic condition of Nepal. Moreover, they preserve the most magnificent woodwork and stonework. Kathmandu City, which is also known as the city of temples, preserves a lot of such monuments which will also offer the best panorama for the photographer.
Best Time for Everest Photography Tour
Everest Photography Tour in Chartered Helicopter can be done in every season of the year but Spring (March, April, May) and Autumn (September, October, November) is considered as the best. Autumn season is the season of festivals in Nepal, so you can capture the best moments in this period. In this season one can observe the best views of the Himalayas in clear sky. Spring also offers the best scenarios of glaciers and rhododendron forests. And the sky is also clear in this season. You can also make a visit in the seasons of winter and monsoon. However, these seasons are least famous due to low temperature and heavy rainfall. It depends on your purpose, which season is favourable for you.
How to Prepare for Photography Tour?
A well-planned preparation is a key to success. To make your photography tour successful, you need to prepare carefully. Here, I am going to tell you about what to do and how. Let’s have a look.
- Know the Basics of your Camera
- Acquire the right camera gear
- Read the documents your operator sends to you
- Be physically and mentally prepared if you are going to high altitude
- Know about the climate, trekking region, difficulty etc.
- Hire a professional trekking partner
- Do not travel alone
- Remember, the budget doesn’t determine the quality
- Pack sufficient
Photography Tour Highlight
- Amazing City Tour
- Experiencing your journey while photographing
- Experience of various culture and tradition
- Opportunity to purchase authentic souvenirs, including carpets, handicrafts, carvings and “Thankas”.
- Encounter with the peaks of the majestic height.
- Hiking to different beautiful villages.
- Opportunity to study about various plants and animals.
- Chit-chat with the different people of different places.
Essentials for Photography tour in Nepal
The kinds of clothing, equipment, and gear used in the tour do have a sense in your photography tour. The right amount of essential things must not be avoided.
Here is the list of the most essential equipment for a photography tour in Nepal.
- Duffel or Rucksack bag: large enough to put all your equipment
- Day Pack: this is to carry during the tour where you can put your passport, camera, money etc.
- Down Jacket: mainly for winter
- Synthetic T-Shirt: for summer
- Windproof Jacket with an adjustable hood
- Wind and waterproof Hiking Pants
- Woollen Socks, Sun hat, Sun Glasses,
- Thermal under Garments
- Adjustable Gloves
- Hiking Boots
- Medical and First Aid Kit
Before You Leave…
Photography Tour in Nepal is the most appealing activity to do. It is an art of creating memories in the form of a picture. Photography recalls the bygone days and excites your senses. And travelling tends to magnify all human emotions. Photography Tour in Nepal is the real-life experience of everything that you have imagined about heaven.
If you have a keen interest in photography, if you are a travel enthusiast, or if you want to study about cultures and traditions around the world, the photography tour in Nepal is the best option for you. If you have already had a mindset for such an alluring journey and want to hire a reliable travel partner, please remember us. Nepal Guide Treks and Expedition will help you any way possible.
Let’s begin the journey together…..
Immigration Office at Kathmandu Airport Facilitating Tourist Visa on arrival.
Two Weeks – 30 USD
One Month (Four Weeks) – 50 USD
Three Month (90 Days) – 125 USD
For more info, please email at email@example.com
Visa Extension Fees:
Tourist Visa Extension required a minimum of 15 days (USD 45)and USD 3 for each extra days.
- Two Passport-sized photos with a light background.
- Bring Cash USD to get the visa fee.
- Your passport must valid for at least 6 months.
For Nepal, there are 4 seasons: Spring, Autumn, Summer and Winter.
If you are looking for less tourist season then let’s go for summer and in Winter.
Most of the tourist activity in Autumn and Spring season in Nepal.
Spiny Babbler is from the family of “Passerine Birds” a species of bird in the Timaliidae family. (Scientific name: Turdoides nipalensis) or (Kande Bhyakur in Nepali) It is a rare species of bird found only in Nepal.
So far, 886 species of birds have been recorded in Nepal, which are about 9% of the total bird species found worldwide.
Impeyan Pheasant (Himalayan Monal)
It has been recorded that a total of about 900 species (886 species recorded) which are 9% of the total bird found in the world, of which two are endemic, one has been introduced by humans and 74 are rare or accidental. Thirty-two species are globally threatened.
Birdwatching or birding means going outside to enjoy watching birds. Someone who does this is called a birdwatcher or birder.
GLIMPSES OF Bird Watching Tour in Nepal
see what our valued client have to say
Awesome experience – Bird WatchingJack [Poland]
I and my friend went to Nepal for a bird watching the tour. We knew Nepal is the best destination in south Asia for its residential birds and migratory birds. We searched different companies to operate our trip and fortunately, we found Nepal Guide from the internet. They gave us perfect package trip, we impressed from their prompt response and honest policy. During our trip – we felt very safe, comfortable and flexible. NGT provide us 3 bird watching guides; 1 is for Phulchoki and Nagarjun tour another is for Chitwan National Park and the last one is for Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve. All guides were excellent, knowledgeable and too much informative. We cannot forget honest drivers, elephant rider, canoe guide and all hospitable people who helped us directly and indirectly during our tour. Miss u all….. will visit again….!!!!!