Budi Gandaki River Fishing Highlights :
- Fishing in Budi Gandaki River: Ankhu Khola & Budi Gandaki River confluence – Budi Gandaki & Trisuli river confluence provides the best fishing grounds for tolerant and patient fishermen.
- Ideal Fishing Ground for freshwater fishes: Mahaseer, Freshwater Eel, Snow Trout and Catfish
- Explore the rich natural surroundings of the Budi Gandaki River and experience the local culture of nearby villages and towns.
- Enjoy the best fishing adventure in the Budi Gandaki River with a comfortable and peaceful camping experience.
Trip Introduction :
Budi Gandaki River has its origin from the eastern slopes of Manaslu and Ganesh Himal. The river flows through the popular Arughat Bazaar – the Midwest town of Nepal to reach Benighat – where Budi Gandaki meets Trisuli. Budi Gandaki River is less commercial than other rivers and is in fact very rich in terms of freshwater fish. Among other species, the most common catches in this river are made of Mahaseer, Eel, Trout, and Catfish.
Apart from its best fishing grounds, the beautiful surrounding of this magnificent river also allow one to relax and take time off in a peaceful environment away from the crowded cities. Budi Gandaki Fishing is an excellent choice for those interested in fishing adventure in Nepal while enjoying the best moments with rewarding catches all being in the calm and serene vicinity of the River.
Budi Gandaki Fishing adventure with Nepal Guide Treks starts with a scenic drive from Kathmandu towards Arkhet Bazaar – a small town in mid-west Nepal. Our drive passes through Dhading Besi, Arughat Bazaar, and then to Arkhet Bazaar. We will get a lot of opportunities to explore the natural wonders along the way, also the activities of local people for daily life survival is quite an experience.
We unpack our stuff and get ready with our fishing gears to start our long waited fishing journey. The river provides an abundance of freshwater fishes such as Mahaseer, Eel, Snow Trout, and Catfish. For the next couple of days, we will be having an unlimited fishing adventure, indulging ourselves in some of the best fish fights one could imagine while spending one of the best moments of our lives, camping and exploring the natural beauties surrounding the River.
Casting our fishing lines in the hidden pockets of the river is surely the best way to hook big-size fish. The confluence of Ankhu Khola and Budi Gandaki is considered good for the memorable fishing experience. We will continue fishing following the downward flow of the river passing through Machhe Gaun. Our exciting and long-awaited fishing trip in Budi Gandaki River with Nepal Guide Treks ends at Benighat – a confluence of Budi Gandaki and Trishuli River. From Benighat a scenic drive will take us back to Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Drive to Arkhet Bazaar - starting point of Fishing Adventure
- Day 03: Fishing & Camping
- Day 04: Raft/Hike/Fishing towards Ankhu Khola & Budhi Gandaki river confluence
- Day 05: Fishing & Camping
- Day 06: Raft/Hike/Fishing towards Machhe Gaun
- Day 07: Fishing at Benighat - Budi Gandaki & Trishuli river confluence
- Day 08: Rafting / Fishing in Trishuli River & Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 09: Transfer to International Airport for Departure
- Airport arrival and departure transfer by private vehicle
- 2 Nights stay in Kathmandu with BB Plan
- All required ground transport by private vehicle as per mentioned in the itinerary
- Camping tent accommodation during a fishing trip
- All meals during fishing and Camping tour
- Fishing Expert guide – highly knowledgeable
- Guided Hiking and rafting trip –as per mentioned in Itinerary
- All camping equipment, Raft, Rafting guide
- Required number of supportive staff i.e. – Cook, staff to carry equipment
- Required permits for fishing
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner
- All applicable tax, VAT and necessary paperwork
- Required fishing equipment
- Your travel insurance
- International flight and departure tax
- Any expense of personal nature
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any kinds of Bar bills
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|7 Mar, 2022||15 Mar, 2022||USD 955||OPEN||Book Now!|
|23 Mar, 2022||31 Mar, 2022||USD 955||OPEN||Book Now!|
|13 Apr, 2022||21 Apr, 2022||USD 955||OPEN||Book Now!|
|25 Apr, 2022||3 May, 2022||USD 955||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Sep, 2022||23 Sep, 2022||USD 955||OPEN||Book Now!|
|23 Sep, 2022||1 Oct, 2022||USD 955||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|5 Oct, 2022||13 Oct, 2022||USD 955||OPEN||Book Now!|
|14 Oct, 2022||22 Oct, 2022||USD 955||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|23 Oct, 2022||31 Oct, 2022||USD 955||OPEN||Book Now!|
|9 Nov, 2022||17 Nov, 2022||USD 955||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|21 Nov, 2022||29 Nov, 2022||USD 955||OPEN||Book Now!|
Fishing is a process of pulling fish out of water.
The best season for fishing in Nepal is from October to November and February to May.
Some prominent fishing areas are Karnali, Babai in Bardiya, Chitwan’s river confluences, Dolalghat, on Kodari Highway and Pokhara’s lakes.
Most significantly, Karnali River is gifted with good fishing spot for the fishing enthusiast.
Fishing techniques include hand-gathering, spearfishing, netting, angling and trapping.
Recreational, commercial and artisanal fishers use different techniques, and also, sometimes, the same techniques. Recreational fishers fish for pleasure or sport, while commercial fishers fish for profit.
Commercial fishing is important because there are thousands of people make a living by fishing. Besides, fish is an essential food all over the world.
Recreational fishing is important because it can help people feel relaxing, and people can gain a lot from fishing.
The most common form of recreational fishing is done with a rod, reel, line, hooks and any one of a wide range of baits or lures such as artificial flies.
The practise of catching or attempting to catch fish with a hook is generally known as angling.
- High in important nutrients
- May lower your risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Contain nutrients that are crucial during development
- May boost brain health
- May help prevent and treat depression
- A good dietary sources of vitamin D
- May reduce your risk of autoimmune diseases
- May help prevent asthma in children
- May protect your vision in old age
- Fish may improve sleep quality
- Delicious and easy to prepare
Fish is among the healthiest foods on the planet. It’s loaded with important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D.
Fish is also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain.
Fishing tackle is the equipment used by anglers when fishing. Almost any equipment or gear used for fishing can be called fishing tackle.
Some examples are hooks, lines, sinkers, floats, rods, reels, baits, lures, spears, nets, gaffs, traps, waders and tackle boxes.
GLIMPSES OF Budi Gandaki River Fishing
see what our valued client have to say
Budi Gandaki River – Awesome Fishing !!!Andy H [Canada]
An amazing fishing trip !! Budi Gandaki River - a wonder fishing river in the mystic land of Nepal. A dream come true experience for a fisherman. The management was top in line. Wonderful, attentive and extremely polite staffs. Everything was perfect and safe !! I am certainly coming back to Nepal for doing more fishing trips with Nepal Guide Treks. I recommend Nepal Guide Treks to anyone seeking adventure in Nepal. Thanks again to NGT team.