- Karnali River Fishing
- Trip Duration
- 18 Days
- Hotel/Resort in Kathamandu & Camping during Fishing
- BB Plan in Kathmandu and Full board during Fishing and Camping
- Private vehicle
- Group Size
- Minimum 2
- Best Season
- Spring & Autumn
- Per Day Walk
- River Side
Highlights of Karnali River Fishing :
- Fishing in Karnali River: longest and one of the largest river in Nepal.
- Ideal Fishing Ground – Golden Mahaseer & River Catfish
- Explore the rich surroundings of River including Bardia National Park.
- Scenic Flight: Kathmandu – Nepalgunj
- Amazing fishing adventure combined with adventure rafting and comfy tenting offering exciting and memorable fishing experience
Trip Introduction :
Karnali River Fishing with Nepal Guide Treks is an amazing fishing adventure in the longest and one of the largest river in Nepal. Karnali River – originated from the lake Manasarovar – holy Mount Kailash, the river carves its way through Tibetan plateaus towards west Nepal’s lush green forest. Karnali River is considered as one of the adventurous rivers of Nepal.
Karnali River Fishing is a combination of incredible fishing experience in the river’s spectacular fishing spots with inspiring views and exploration of rich flora and fauna around the Rivers’ vicinity. The trip also includes an ultimate adventure experience of rafting in the river’s rapid water flows while fishing along the river’s corners.
The river is home to freshwater Dolphins, Golden Mahaseer, River Catfish and other species. This River is one of the ideal rivers for Mahaseer fishing. Golden Mahaseer is a beautiful fish and provides a rewarding fishing experience. Fishing here is considered best around February – May, and September – November. This exciting fishing trip also allows you to gain an unforgettable fishing experience in the beautiful water grounds of River while engaging yourself in a good fish fight.
Karnali River Fishing with Nepal Guide Treks starts at Kathmandu. From Kathmandu, we take a flight to Nepalgunj – a southern town in western Nepal. And a short drive to Koholpur. Our drive continues from Koholpur to Karnali beach – the starting point of our fishing adventure at Karnali River. From here we will follow the river downwards, camping in lovely riverside beaches and fishing in some best spots in the hidden pockets of the River.
Our fishing adventure continues towards Jungle Ghat with an ultimate rafting adventure in the rapid water flows of River. We will spend our time fishing in Karnali river’s great fishing waters with peaceful surrounding and promising fishing adventure. We continue our fishing journey towards the confluence of Seti Karnali where we can spend extra days casting our fishing lines and exploring the hidden pockets of the river.
Rafting with the river’s downward current water stream, we reach Thuli Ghat and continue fishing near Rato Bhale Gaun. This area of the River is considered good for good size fish – Golden Mahaseer, Mahaseer, and River Catfish. Our exciting fishing adventure continues to Bheri confluence near Ghatu Gaun.
Since it is one of the best fishing spots, we will spend some good time fishing around the confluence before technically ending our fishing trip near Chisapani – the ending point of our fishing adventure. The great fishing adventure with Nepal Guide Treks in the Karnali River Fishing ends with a pleasant drive from Chisapani back to Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu
- Day 02: Fly to Nepalgunj & Drive to Koholpur.
- Day 03: Drive to Karnali Beach - starting point of Fishing Adventure.
- Day 04: Fishing & Camping
- Day 05: Fishing & Camping
- Day 06: Raft/Hike towards Jungle Ghat
- Day 07: Fishing & Camping
- Day 08: Fishing & Camping
- Day 09: Raft/Hike to reach Seti - Karnali - confluence.
- Day 10: Fishing & Camping
- Day 11: Fishing & Camping
- Day 12: Raft/Hike to reach Thuli Ghat
- Day 13: Fishing & Camping
- Day 14: Fishing around Rato Bhalo Gaun
- Day 15: Raft/Hike towards Ghatu Gaun
- Day 16: Fishing near Bheri Confluence and camping near Chisapani - ending point of our trip.
- Day 17: Drive from Chisapani back to Kathmandu.
- Day 18: Transfer to International Airport for departure.
- Airport arrival and departure transfer by private vehicle
- 2 Nights stay in Kathmandu with BB Plan
- All required ground transport by private vehicle as per mentioned in the itinerary
- Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj
- Camping tent accommodation during a fishing trip
- All meals during fishing and Camping tour
- Fishing Expert guide – highly knowledgeable
- Guided Hiking and rafting trip –as per mentioned in Itinerary
- All camping equipment, Raft, Rafting guide
- Required number of supportive staff i.e. – Cook, staff to carry equipment…
- Required permits for fishing
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner
- All applicable tax, VAT and necessary paperwork
- Required fishing equipments
- Your travel insurance
- International flight and departure tax
- Any expense of personal nature
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any kinds of Bar bills
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|5 Sep, 2021||22 Sep, 2021||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|23 Sep, 2021||10 Oct, 2021||USD 2555||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|5 Oct, 2021||22 Oct, 2021||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|23 Oct, 2021||9 Nov, 2021||USD 2555||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|17 Nov, 2021||4 Dec, 2021||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|27 Nov, 2021||14 Dec, 2021||USD 2555||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|10 Mar, 2022||27 Mar, 2022||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|25 Mar, 2022||11 Apr, 2022||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|8 Apr, 2022||25 Apr, 2022||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|22 Apr, 2022||9 May, 2022||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
Fishing is a process of pulling fish out of water.
The best season for fishing in Nepal is from October to November and February to May.
Some prominent fishing areas are Karnali, Babai in Bardiya, Chitwan’s river confluences, Dolalghat, on Kodari Highway and Pokhara’s lakes.
Likewise, Tamur River Fishing, Pokhara Lakes Fishing, Sunkoshi River Fishing, Budi Gandaki River Fishing, Trishuli River Fishing and Karnali River Fishing are the most popular we Nepal Guide Treks and Expedition organized.
Note: Most significantly, Karnali River is gifted with good fishing spot for the fishing enthusiast.
Fishing techniques include hand-gathering, spearfishing, netting, angling and trapping.
Recreational, commercial and artisanal fishers use different techniques, and also, sometimes, the same techniques. Recreational fishers fish for pleasure or sport, while commercial fishers fish for profit.
Commercial fishing is important because there are thousands of people make a living by fishing. Besides, fish is an essential food all over the world.
Recreational fishing is important because it can help people feel relaxing, and people can gain a lot from fishing.
The most common form of recreational fishing is done with a rod, reel, line, hooks and any one of a wide range of baits or lures such as artificial flies.
The practise of catching or attempting to catch fish with a hook is generally known as angling.
- High in important nutrients
- May lower your risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Contain nutrients that are crucial during development
- May boost brain health
- May help prevent and treat depression
- A good dietary sources of vitamin D
- May reduce your risk of autoimmune diseases
- May help prevent asthma in children
- May protect your vision in old age
- Fish may improve sleep quality
- Delicious and easy to prepare
Fish is among the healthiest foods on the planet. It’s loaded with important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D.
Fish is also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain.
Fishing tackle is the equipment used by anglers when fishing. Almost any equipment or gear used for fishing can be called fishing tackle.
Some examples are hooks, lines, sinkers, floats, rods, reels, baits, lures, spears, nets, gaffs, traps, waders and tackle boxes.
GLIMPSES OF Karnali River Fishing
see what our valued client have to say
Fiske Äventyr I Karnali – NEPALOscar och Filip [Sweden]
Namaste !! We just finished our fishing adventure in Karnali River with the assistance of Nepal Guide Treks. We want to say that it was some great fishing experience we ever had. Back in Sweden, we fish mostly in the lakes - good fights though. However, river fishing and rafting in the Karnali River of Nepal was truly worth. Words are not really enough to describe the adventurous rafting experience in the Karnali river. We recommend this company for promising adventure trips in Nepal. We are sure that we will come back and do more trips with you in future. Hejdå Nepal !!