- Kathmandu Valley Biking Tour
- Max Elevation
- 2200m at Nagarkot
- Trip Duration
- 10 Days
- Trip Grade
- Lodges and Guest Houses
- BB Plan in Kathmandu and full board during Biking Trip
- Group Size
- Minimum 2
- Best Season
- Spring & Autumn
- Per Day Walk
- Approx 4 - 5 Hours
Trip Highlights of Kathmandu Valley Biking Tour :
- Mountain Biking Adventure around Kathmandu Valley.
- Explore the cultural villages and visit religious sites – temples and monasteries while riding along the village roads, dirt trails and single-track trails.
- Enjoy the Himalayan panoramic view of high mountain ranges.
- Overcome technical challenges for gaining experience in mountain biking.
Trip Introduction :
Kathmandu Valley Biking Tour offers mountain bike tour around Kathmandu Valley. Experience the daily lives of local Nepalese people while riding along the village roads, dirt trails and single track trails encircling the Kathmandu Valley’s rim. The tour is an opportunity to explore the valley while enjoying the breathtaking sceneries of magnificent and towering mountains of the world.
Of course, the mountains and landscapes are amazing but it’s the people and culture what makes this tour special. The welcoming nature and friendly gesture of Nepalese people are truly inspiring and extraordinary. The tour allows you to be a part of Nepalese culture while you paddle through some of the fantastic cultural trails on Earth.
Kathmandu Valley Biking Tour is a perfect trip for those wanting to explore the ancient cultural villages, their traditions, visits to a countless number of temples, meet people from different ethnic tribes while gaining biking adventure experience through the landscape of the fascinating valley of Kathmandu.
Kathmandu Valley Biking Tour with Nepal Guide Treks starts at Kathmandu. Leaving the city of Kathmandu, we start our bicycle tour on a busy traffic trail before entering the Shivapuri National Park. After clearing the entry fees of the national park we ride over the dirt trail into the national park and traverse along with the north sector of the valley exploring the cultural villages while riding through village roads towards Budhanilkantha – a temple devoted to Lord Vishnu.
Leaving Budhanilkantha, we will continue on our bicycle tour following the trail that includes rocky uphill ascend before riding on a smooth trail passing through Mulkharka and towards Chisapani. During our journey today we can enjoy some of the scenic views of towering high mountains and the beautiful Kathmandu valley. Our forward journey is a mostly downhill ride all the way towards Nagarkot.
However, we will ride a small uphill of about 8 km to reach the view tower of Nagarkot. The viewpoint is famous for its sunrise view and Himalayan panorama. From here, we continue on our downhill ride towards Nala village and then to Dhulikhel. We continue on our journey riding along a paved road with great views of local villages, before entering the dirt trail that leads to the Buddhist temple of Namobuddha.
From this point, we can have great views of mountain ranges that lie between Ganesh Himal and Everest. With mostly downhill riding we head towards the village of Balthali for experiencing the culture and tradition of the local village and its vicinity. Leaving Balthali our cultural ride follows a dirt trail to Panauti and then a gradual uphill climb towards Lakhure Bhanjyang.
From there we will ride mostly downhill to Lubhu and then towards the Botanical Garden of Godawari. Our bicycle tour here is followed by the ride through cultural village trails, exploring some of the oldest towns of Kathmandu valley – Chapagaon and Bungamati, towards Hattiban.
From Hattiban we will ride south towards the famous Temple of Hindu Goddess – Dakshinkali Temple and the Buddhist cultural site of Pharping. Our inspiring and cultural bicycle tour at Kathmandu Valley Biking Tour with Nepal Guide Treks ends with a scenic bicycle ride back to Kathmandu city.
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu [1345m/4411ft] & transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Ride from Kathmandu - Kakani - Shivapuri Forest [35 km] Max Altitude: [2100m/6888ft]
- Day 03: Ride to Chisapani [35 km] Max Altitude: [2150m/7052ft]
- Day 04: Ride to Dhulikhel via Nagarkot [45 km] Max Altitude: [2200m/7216ft]
- Day 05: Ride from Dhulikhel - Namobuddha - Balthali Village [35 km] Max Altitude: [1760m/5772ft]
- Day 06: Ride from Balthali - Lakuribhanjyang - Godawari [40 km] Max Altitude: [1970m/6461ft]
- Day 07: Ride from Godawari - Chapagaon - Bungamati - Hattiban [35 km] Max Altitude: [1650m/5412ft]
- Day 08: Ride from Hattiban - Dakshinkali - Pharping - Kathmandu [30 km] Max Altitude: [1400m/4592ft]
- Day 09: Leisure day at Kathmandu
- Day 10: Transfer to International Airport for departure
- Airport Arrival and departure transfer by private vehicle
- 3 nights stay in Kathmandu with BB Plan
- All meals [B/F, Lunch & Dinner] during a biking trip
- Hotel/Lodge accommodation during Biking trip
- National Park fee and required biking permit
- Highly experienced Mountain Biking Guide
- Required Number of Porters
- Staffs food, clothing, salary & Insurance.
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- All tax, vats and necessary paperwork
- Your personal Travel Insurance
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Personal expenses
- Mountain bikes and its expanses like maintenance, repairing.
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|7 Nov, 2020||16 Nov, 2020||USD 999||OPEN||Book Now!|
|23 Nov, 2020||2 Dec, 2020||USD 999||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|7 Mar, 2021||16 Mar, 2021||USD 999||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Mar, 2021||24 Mar, 2021||USD 999||OPEN||Book Now!|
|23 Mar, 2021||1 Apr, 2021||USD 999||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Mar, 2021||6 Apr, 2021||USD 999||OPEN||Book Now!|
|7 Apr, 2021||16 Apr, 2021||USD 999||OPEN||Book Now!|
|14 Apr, 2021||23 Apr, 2021||USD 999||OPEN||Book Now!|
|22 Apr, 2021||1 May, 2021||USD 999||OPEN||Book Now!|
|27 Apr, 2021||6 May, 2021||USD 999||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Sep, 2021||24 Sep, 2021||USD 999||OPEN||Book Now!|
|25 Sep, 2021||4 Oct, 2021||USD 999||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|17 Oct, 2021||26 Oct, 2021||USD 999||OPEN||Book Now!|
|23 Oct, 2021||1 Nov, 2021||USD 999||LIMITED||Book Now!|
Mountain biking is a sport of riding bicycles off-road, often over rough terrain, using specially designed mountain bikes.
Mountain bikes share similarities with other bikes but incorporate features designed to enhance durability and performance in rough terrain.
Following are the health benefits of Mountain Biking?
1) Improved Heart Health.
2) Less Stress on the Joints.
3) Decreased Risk of Diseases.
4) Reduced Stress and Improved Mood.
5) Increased Brain Power.
6) Improved balance and coordination.
While anyone can ride in shorts and a cotton t-shirt, the proper attire will keep you much more comfortable out on the trails.
Mountain bike jerseys come in short sleeves, 3/4 length sleeves and long sleeves, and are designed with a cut that’s non-restrictive to your riding and tends to be a bit longer on the backside.
- Yeti. The first mountain bike brand on the list is Yeti Cycles, founded in 1985 and currently located in Colorado.
- Kona. Founded in 1988, Kona Bicycle Company is one of the best mountain bike brands in the world.
- Santa Cruz.
Biking is about as ideal as a cardio exercise gets. It provides a low-impact workout that also builds strong legs and improves heart health
- Northwave Extreme XC Bikeradar.
- Shimano AM9 Bikeradar.
- B’Twin 500 Bikeradar.
- Giro Terraduro Bikeradar.
- Adidas Terrex Trail Cross Project Bikeradar.
- Adidas Terrex Trail Cross Bikeradar.
- Five Ten Freerider Contact Bikeradar.
- Shimano AM7 Bikeradar.
When it comes to mountain biking, gloves are most essential for grip and protection.
When you‘re riding trails and hopping down boulders, your hands need to be more or less an extension of your handlebars to maintain control.
Regular cycling stimulates and improves your heart, lungs and circulation, reducing your risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Cycling strengthens your heart muscles, lowers resting pulse and reduces blood fat levels
You don’t need mountain bike shoes. When you’re just beginning it’s fine to use normal shoes like trainers or skate shoes when you ride flat pedals.
GLIMPSES OF Kathmandu Valley Biking Tour
see what our valued client have to say
Amazing Cultural Biking Tour around Kathmandu !!Damien and Group [France]
We are a group of 4 people from France and booked our Biking Tour around Kathmandu Valley with Nepal Guide Treks. After completing the biking adventure around Kathmandu, we want to thank Nepal Guide Treks and the whole team for letting us through the inspiring and intense experience of mountain biking around Kathmandu. Our guide was very energetic and always made the right decisions about starting, resting and stopping the day to day riding routines. We explored much of the valley's culture and amazing local people. It was really great riding along the up and down easy hills with great views of fascinating Kathmandu valley with high mountains as background. We recommend Nepal Guide Treks to anyone looking to acquire biking adventure in Nepal. We will come back for more biking adventure in Nepal.
Awesome Biking Adventure @ Kathmandu ValleyMichael [Netherlands]
I had an amazing experience while biking around Kathmandu valley with Nepal Guide Treks and Expeditions. The whole Biking was a combination of road/dirt/ mountain bike trail that provided magnificent sceneries. I don't remember getting bored. We started early in the mornings and by mid-afternoon we were relaxing at our resorts, enjoying great views of the countryside. Our guide was full of local knowledge and knew everything about the places as well as bikes. If there were any problems with the bikes he was the one fixing it in no time. I would definitely be choosing the same guide if I am to go for more biking adventure in Nepal. Overall arrangement was very professional and I am totally happy and satisfied with the Nepal Guide Treks team members. Strongly Recommended Nepal Guide Treks !!