- Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- Max Elevation
- Altitude from 75 to 81 m.
- Trip Duration
- 6 Days
- Trip Grade
- Eco Lodges
- BB Plan in Kathmandu and full board during Koshi Tappu Tour
- Private vehicle & flight
- Group Size
- Minimum 2
- Best Season
- Per Day Walk
Trip Highlights of Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve :
- Wildlife Reserve, located plain land of eastern Nepal.
- Popular for bird watching spot having with more than 300 spices of birds.
- Best season to visit Koshi Tappu is October to April
- Enjoy with several wildlife activities
Trip Introduction :
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is covering 175 square kilometres in the eastern part of Nepal. It lies in plain land of Saptari and Sunsari district with forests of Khair, Sissau and massive grasslands settled in the bank of Sapta- Koshi River. Around 300 spices of birds, mammals and animals making their home in this Wildlife Reserve.
Wildlife tour to Koshi Tappu wildlife reserve offers a variety of wildlife – wild buffalo, hog deer, wild deer, spotted deer, a blue bull as well as spices of ducks, spices of ibises, spices of egrets, and the endangered swamp partridges. Worlds rare and Nepal’s famous Gharial also can be seen there. Reserve also offers to see crocodiles, Gangetic dolphins, and Bengal floricans. Increasing in the numbers of wildlife in this reserve attracted wildlife adventure seekers every year.
World’s famous birds can be found in this Wildlife Reserve are:Swamp Francolin, Black-necked Stork, Lesser Adjutant, Comb Duck, Falcated Duck, Spot-billed Duck, Cotton Pigmy Goose, Baer’s Pochard, Bailon’s Crake, Ruddy Crake, Greater Painted Snipe, Pheasant-tailed jacana, Yellow-wattled Lapwing, Indian Courser, Black-bellied Tern, Imperial Eagle, White-tailed Eagle, Lesser Kestrel, Bristle Grassbird, Striated Grassbird etc.
Jungle Wildlife Tour to Wildlife Reserve with Nepal Guide Treks starts after a scenic flight to Biratnagar from Kathmandu. Around two hours of drive from Biratnagar takes us to reach our wildlife camp at Wildlife Reserve.
We spend 3 nights and 4 days to have the full extent of activity in Wildlife Reserve. Main highlights of this tour are focusing on Bird watching, jungle walk, nature walk, Jeep Safari, rafting, and canoe ride. After having amazing wildlife tour experience in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve, our journey backs to Biratnagar and fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu [1345m/4411ft] and transfer to Hotel.
- Pick up from Airport and Transfer to Hotel
- Evening, welcome dinner with NGT
- Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar and drive to Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve [45 min fly & 1Hr 45 Min Drive]
- Check-in Hotel and be fresh
- Lunch at Camp
- Bird Watching walk to surrounding places [3 hrs]
- Dinner and overnight stay
- Day 03: Enjoy with wildlife activity at Koshi Tappu / Photography
- Early morning nature walk [3 Hrs]
- Breakfast at Camp
- Rafting at Sapta Koshi River
- View of water birds, water buffaloes, dolphins and several other water habitats
- Lunch at Resort
- Evening, drive to Koshi Barrage to have bird watching, and view of freshwater dolphins
- Back to resort, dinner and overnight stay
- Day 04: Enjoy photography with wildlife activity at Koshi Tappu
- Early morning jungle walk/Nature walk tour [3 hrs]
- Breakfast at Camp
- Bird watching in the surrounding of Koshi Riverside
- Cross Koshi Barrage
- Packet lunch en-route
- Back to Camp, dinner and overnight stay
- Day 05: Koshi Tappu to Biratnagar and Kathmandu
- After Breakfast, drive to Biratnagar
- Fly from Biratnagar to Kathmandu
- Pick up from Airport and transfer to Hotel
- Free for personal activities
- Evening, farewell dinner with NGT
- Day 06: International Departure as per flight schedule
Note: The above itinerary outline can be easily tailor-made according to your preference, purpose of visit, and length of stay. Contact us to customize this trip as per your requirement
- Airport Arrival and Departure transfer by Private Vehicle
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with BB Plan as per mentioned in Itinerary
- All required ground transport by Private Vehicle
- Kathmandu – Biratnagar – Kathmandu flight
- All jungle activities in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve as mentioned in Itinerary
- Wildlife Reserve fees and all required charges
- Wildlife Camp accommodation with all meals includes during Bardia Stay
- Wildlife specialist guide in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner
- Applicable Government, local taxes and all necessary paperwork
- Your travel insurance
- International flight and departure tax
- Any expense of personal nature
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any kinds of Bar bills
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|15 Mar, 2020||20 Mar, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|21 Mar, 2020||26 Mar, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|25 Mar, 2020||30 Mar, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Mar, 2020||2 Apr, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|5 Apr, 2020||10 Apr, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|10 Apr, 2020||15 Apr, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Apr, 2020||20 Apr, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|20 Apr, 2020||25 Apr, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|25 Apr, 2020||30 Apr, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|9 Sep, 2020||14 Sep, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|12 Sep, 2020||17 Sep, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Sep, 2020||20 Sep, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|20 Sep, 2020||25 Sep, 2020||USD 1555||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|21 Sep, 2020||26 Sep, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|27 Sep, 2020||2 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|5 Oct, 2020||10 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|7 Oct, 2020||12 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|12 Oct, 2020||17 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|15 Oct, 2020||20 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|19 Oct, 2020||24 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|20 Oct, 2020||25 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|22 Oct, 2020||27 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Oct, 2020||2 Nov, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|5 Nov, 2020||10 Nov, 2020||USD 1555||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|7 Nov, 2020||12 Nov, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Nov, 2020||20 Nov, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|21 Nov, 2020||26 Nov, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Nov, 2020||3 Dec, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is one of the protected areas in the Terai of eastern Nepal.
The primary aim to set up the Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve was to protect the last population of the Asiatic Wild Water Buffaloes in Nepal.
The best way is to fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar, then take a taxi (Rs 500 to Rs 600, 1½ hours) to the park. By public transport, you can catch a bus along the Mahendra Hwy to Laukahi (Rs 150 from Biratnagar), 15km east of the Koshi Barrage.
Koshi Tappu Jungle Safari was established in 1976 and designated as a Ramsar site in December 1987.
The best time to visit the Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is between October till March. This is because; one can witness the migratory and resident birds on the barrage and the main channel of the river during this period of the year.
Following are the activities you can do at Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve:
- Bird Watching
- Junge Safari
- Village/Jungle Walk
- Jeep Safari
- Gentle Wildlife Rafting
The Annapurna Conservation Area is the largest protected area in Nepal
There are three wildlife reserves in Nepal, they are:
- Parsa Wildlife Reserve
- Shukla Phanta Wildlife Reserve
- Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
GLIMPSES OF Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
see what our valued client have to say
Bird Watching and wildlife trip to Koshi TappuMichael [New Zealand]
From my several years of trekking experience in Nepal with Nepal Guide Treks, NGT is perfect holidaymaker – they can understand the requirement of the client and can be flexible. This year I and my buddy did not want to trek and we choose wildlife tour in Nepal. As per our request, Nepal Guide offered us perfect trip to Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve. As our requirement – we wanted to see a massive number of water mammals and birds, Koshi Tappu was perfect place. Our camp and staffs were very clever but honest and knowledgeable, they never disappointed us. It was a really great opportunity for us to get an experienced guide for our tour, who gave us lots of knowledge and information… indeed!!!!!!!!Would love to come again….. thanks NGT!!!!!