- Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- Max Elevation
- Altitude from 75 to 81 m.
- Trip Duration
- 6 Days
- Trip Grade
- Eco Lodges
- BB Plan in Kathmandu and full board during Koshi Tappu Tour
- Private vehicle & flight
- Group Size
- Minimum 2
- Best Season
- Per Day Walk
Trip Highlights of Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve :
- Wildlife Reserve, located plain land of eastern Nepal.
- Popular for bird watching spot having with more than 300 spices of birds.
- Best season to visit Koshi Tappu is October to April
- Enjoy with several wildlife activities
Trip Introduction :
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is covering 175 square kilometres in the eastern part of Nepal. It lies in plain land of Saptari and Sunsari district with forests of Khair, Sissau and massive grasslands settled in the bank of Sapta- Koshi River. Around 300 spices of birds, mammals and animals making their home in this Wildlife Reserve.
Wildlife tour to Koshi Tappu wildlife reserve offers a variety of wildlife – wild buffalo, hog deer, wild deer, spotted deer, a blue bull as well as spices of ducks, spices of ibises, spices of egrets, and the endangered swamp partridges. Worlds rare and Nepal’s famous Gharial also can be seen there. Reserve also offers to see crocodiles, Gangetic dolphins, and Bengal floricans. Increasing in the numbers of wildlife in this reserve attracted wildlife adventure seekers every year.
World’s famous birds can be found in this Wildlife Reserve are:Swamp Francolin, Black-necked Stork, Lesser Adjutant, Comb Duck, Falcated Duck, Spot-billed Duck, Cotton Pigmy Goose, Baer’s Pochard, Bailon’s Crake, Ruddy Crake, Greater Painted Snipe, Pheasant-tailed jacana, Yellow-wattled Lapwing, Indian Courser, Black-bellied Tern, Imperial Eagle, White-tailed Eagle, Lesser Kestrel, Bristle Grassbird, Striated Grassbird etc.
Jungle Wildlife Tour to Wildlife Reserve with Nepal Guide Treks starts after a scenic flight to Biratnagar from Kathmandu. Around two hours of drive from Biratnagar takes us to reach our wildlife camp at Wildlife Reserve.
We spend 3 nights and 4 days to have the full extent of activity in Wildlife Reserve. Main highlights of this tour are focusing on Bird watching, jungle walk, nature walk, Jeep Safari, rafting, and canoe ride. After having amazing wildlife tour experience in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve, our journey backs to Biratnagar and fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu [1345m/4411ft] and transfer to Hotel.
- Pick up from Airport and Transfer to Hotel
- Evening, welcome dinner with NGT
- Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar and drive to Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve [45 min fly & 1Hr 45 Min Drive]
- Check-in Hotel and be fresh
- Lunch at Camp
- Bird Watching walk to surrounding places [3 hrs]
- Dinner and overnight stay
- Day 03: Enjoy with wildlife activity at Koshi Tappu / Photography
- Early morning nature walk [3 Hrs]
- Breakfast at Camp
- Rafting at Sapta Koshi River
- View of water birds, water buffaloes, dolphins and several other water habitats
- Lunch at Resort
- Evening, drive to Koshi Barrage to have bird watching, and view of freshwater dolphins
- Back to resort, dinner and overnight stay
- Day 04: Enjoy photography with wildlife activity at Koshi Tappu
- Early morning jungle walk/Nature walk tour [3 hrs]
- Breakfast at Camp
- Bird watching in the surrounding of Koshi Riverside
- Cross Koshi Barrage
- Packet lunch en-route
- Back to Camp, dinner and overnight stay
- Day 05: Koshi Tappu to Biratnagar and Kathmandu
- After Breakfast, drive to Biratnagar
- Fly from Biratnagar to Kathmandu
- Pick up from Airport and transfer to Hotel
- Free for personal activities
- Evening, farewell dinner with NGT
- Day 06: International Departure as per flight schedule
Note: The above itinerary outline can be easily tailor-made according to your preference, purpose of visit, and length of stay. Contact us to customize this trip as per your requirement
- Airport Arrival and Departure transfer by Private Vehicle
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with BB Plan as per mentioned in Itinerary
- All required ground transport by Private Vehicle
- Kathmandu – Biratnagar – Kathmandu flight
- All jungle activities in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve as mentioned in Itinerary
- Wildlife Reserve fees and all required charges
- Wildlife Camp accommodation with all meals includes during Bardia Stay
- Wildlife specialist guide in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner
- Applicable Government, local taxes and all necessary paperwork
- Your travel insurance
- International flight and departure tax
- Any expense of personal nature
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any kinds of Bar bills
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|12 Sep, 2020||17 Sep, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|20 Sep, 2020||25 Sep, 2020||USD 1555||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|5 Oct, 2020||10 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|12 Oct, 2020||17 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|20 Oct, 2020||25 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|5 Nov, 2020||10 Nov, 2020||USD 1555||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|15 Mar, 2020||20 Mar, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|21 Mar, 2020||26 Mar, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|25 Mar, 2020||30 Mar, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Mar, 2020||2 Apr, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|5 Apr, 2020||10 Apr, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|10 Apr, 2020||15 Apr, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Apr, 2020||20 Apr, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|20 Apr, 2020||25 Apr, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|25 Apr, 2020||30 Apr, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|9 Sep, 2020||14 Sep, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Sep, 2020||20 Sep, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|21 Sep, 2020||26 Sep, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|27 Sep, 2020||2 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|7 Oct, 2020||12 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Oct, 2020||20 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|19 Oct, 2020||24 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|22 Oct, 2020||27 Oct, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Oct, 2020||2 Nov, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|7 Nov, 2020||12 Nov, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Nov, 2020||20 Nov, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|21 Nov, 2020||26 Nov, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Nov, 2020||3 Dec, 2020||USD 1555||OPEN||Book Now!|
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve Photography Tour
Nepal is amazingly rich in bio-diversity. Here are many national parks and protected areas. Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is a protected area in the Eastern Plains of Nepal. It covers an area of 175 square kilometres of wetlands in Sunsari, Saptari, and Udayapur district. It comprises extensive mudflats, reed beds, and freshwater marshes in the floodplain of Saptakoshi River. This reserve was established in 1976 and designated as a Ramsar Site in 1987.
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is a birdwatcher’s paradise. Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is home to endangered wild water buffalo species. Besides that, the wildlife reserve also provides habitat to 31 species of mammals, 485 species of birds, 200 species of fishes and many more.
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve covers deciduous forest, grasslands, and rich swampy vegetations. A total of 514 species of plants are recorded here. This wildlife reserve creates a unique vista for photography. Besides that, it is the best place for a unique exploration of land and water ecosystem of Nepal. Your photography tour to Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve will be accompanied by boating at Sapta Koshi River which will be the best memory of seeing dolphin and sunbathing crocodiles and gharials.
Why you should come on a Photography Tour?
Travel opens your heart, broadens your mind and fills your life with stories to tell. Travelling is the best pursuit. It broadens your mind. Photography is the only language that can be understood anywhere in the world. Photography tour is the best thing to do which makes you closer to nature, culture and other vital aspects. Nepal’s magnificent landscapes, historical, cultural and religious assets are just the perfect reason to have a photography tour in Nepal. Here are some examples that best clarify why you should come on a Photography tour in Nepal.
- The Himalayas: Nepal is best known as a Himalayan country. The tallest mountain peak of the world- Mount Everest also lies in Nepal. Here are more than 1300 peaks. Nepal has 8 0ut of the 14 mountains over 8000m in the world. Kanchenjunga, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Makalu, Ama-Dablam, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Fishtail are some of the iconic and most exotic mountain peaks of Nepal. The mountains offer the most enchanting panorama for photography in Nepal.
- Wild lives: Nepal is also rich in bio-diversity. In recognition of the magnitude of biodiversity, the Government of Nepal has established a network of 22 protected areas since 1973, consisting of twelve national parks, three wildlife reserves, six conservation areas and one hunting reserve. Nepal’s biodiversity profile records 208 mammas, 867 birds, 123 reptiles, 55 plus amphibians, 230 freshwater fish and 651 butterfly species. This high species diversity is also accompanied by high endemism. Increasing steadily from low to high elevations, a total of 284 flowering plants, 160 animal species, including one mammal species, one bird species and 24 herpetofauna are endemic to Nepal. So, wildlife also becomes one of the major attractions for photography in Nepal.
- People, Villages and Streets: Nepal is home to 125 different ethnic communities. Each of them has its own distinct language, culture, tradition etc. Every Nepalese village is unique in their own way. The traditional Nepalese houses, settlements area, streets and everything attracts thousands of keen photographers for this wonderful tour.
- Lakes, rivers and waterfalls: Nepal is the second richest country in the water resources in the world. Here are more than 6000 river and rivulets. Koshi, Gandaki and Karnali are the major river system in Nepal. Besides that what attracts the photographers most are the lakes. Tilicho, Rara, Phoksundo, Phewa, Gokyo, etc are some of the notable lakes in Nepal. Besides that, there are hundreds of lakes and magnificent waterfalls which offer the most exotic panorama for the photographers in Nepal.
- Temples and Monasteries: Nepal is a unique example of unity in diversity in the world. This beautiful country has an amazing and unique blend of culture. You can find temples, monasteries, gompas, and shrines everywhere. The Hindu temples and Buddhist monasteries reflect the ancient socio-economic condition of Nepal. Moreover, they preserve the most magnificent woodwork and stonework. Kathmandu City, which is also known as a city of temples, preserves a lot of such monuments which will also offer the best panorama for the photographer.
Best Time for Everest Photography Tour
Everest Photography Tour in Chartered Helicopter can be done in every season of the year but Spring (March, April, May) and Autumn (September, October, November) is considered as the best. Autumn season is the season of festivals in Nepal, so you can capture the best moments in this period. In this season one can observe the best views of the Himalayas in clear sky. Spring also offers the best scenarios of glaciers and rhododendron forests. And the sky is also clear in this season. You can also make a visit in the seasons of winter and monsoon. However, these seasons are least famous due to low temperature and heavy rainfall. It depends on your purpose, which season is favourable for you.
How to Prepare for Photography Tour?
A well-planned preparation is a key to success. To make your photography tour successful, you need to prepare carefully. Here, I am going to tell you about what to do and how. Let’s have a look.
- Know the Basics of your Camera
- Acquire the right camera gear
- Read the documents your operator sends to you
- Be physically and mentally prepared if you are going to high altitude
- Know about the climate, trekking region, difficulty etc.
- Hire a professional trekking partner
- Do not travel alone
- Pack sufficient
- Remember, the budget doesn’t determine the quality
Photography Tour Highlight
- Amazing City Tour
- Experiencing your journey while photographing
- Experience of various culture and tradition
- Opportunity to purchase authentic souvenirs, including carpets, handicrafts, carvings and “Thankas”.
- Encounter with the peaks of the majestic height.
- Hiking to different beautiful villages.
- Opportunity to study about various plants and animals.
- Chit-chat with the different people of different places.
Essentials for Photography tour in Nepal
The kinds of clothing, equipment, and gear used in the tour do have a sense in your photography tour. The right amount of essential things must not be avoided.
Here is the list of the most essential equipment for a photography tour in Nepal.
- Duffel or Rucksack bag: large enough to put all your equipment
- Day Pack: this is to carry during the tour where you can put your passport, camera, money etc.
- Down Jacket: mainly for winter
- Synthetic T-Shirt: for summer
- Windproof Jacket with an adjustable hood
- Wind and waterproof Hiking Pants
- Woollen Socks, Sun hat, Sun Glasses,
- Thermal under Garments
- Adjustable Gloves
- Hiking Boots
- Medical and First Aid Kit
Before You Leave…
Photography Tour in Nepal is the most appealing activity to do. It is an art of creating memories in the form of a picture. Photography recalls the bygone days and excites your senses. And travelling tends to magnify all human emotions. Photography Tour in Nepal is the real-life experience of everything that you have imagined about heaven.
If you have a keen interest in photography, if you are a travel enthusiast, or if you want to study about cultures and traditions around the world, the photography tour in Nepal is the best option for you. If you have already had a mindset for such an alluring journey and want to hire a reliable travel partner, please remember us. Nepal Guide Treks and Expedition will help you any way possible.
Let’s begin the journey together…..
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is one of the protected areas in the Terai of eastern Nepal.
The primary aim to set up the Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve was to protect the last population of the Asiatic Wild Water Buffaloes in Nepal.
The best way is to fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar, then take a taxi (Rs 500 to Rs 600, 1½ hours) to the park. By public transport, you can catch a bus along the Mahendra Hwy to Laukahi (Rs 150 from Biratnagar), 15km east of the Koshi Barrage.
Koshi Tappu Jungle Safari was established in 1976 and designated as a Ramsar site in December 1987.
The best time to visit the Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is between October till March. This is because; one can witness the migratory and resident birds on the barrage and the main channel of the river during this period of the year.
Following are the activities you can do at Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve:
- Bird Watching
- Junge Safari
- Village/Jungle Walk
- Jeep Safari
- Gentle Wildlife Rafting
The Annapurna Conservation Area is the largest protected area in Nepal
There are three wildlife reserves in Nepal, they are:
- Parsa Wildlife Reserve
- Shukla Phanta Wildlife Reserve
- Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
GLIMPSES OF Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
see what our valued client have to say
Bird Watching and wildlife trip to Koshi TappuMichael [New Zealand]
From my several years of trekking experience in Nepal with Nepal Guide Treks, NGT is perfect holidaymaker – they can understand the requirement of the client and can be flexible. This year I and my buddy did not want to trek and we choose wildlife tour in Nepal. As per our request, Nepal Guide offered us perfect trip to Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve. As our requirement – we wanted to see a massive number of water mammals and birds, Koshi Tappu was perfect place. Our camp and staffs were very clever but honest and knowledgeable, they never disappointed us. It was a really great opportunity for us to get an experienced guide for our tour, who gave us lots of knowledge and information… indeed!!!!!!!!Would love to come again….. thanks NGT!!!!!