Trip Highlights of Nagarjun Hill Hike:
- Explore one of the famous Buddhist Stupa located at the top of a hill
- Bird watching experience, home of several spices of residential and migratory birds
- Magnificent views of Mountain ranges and view of Kathmandu valley
Trip Introduction :
Nagarjun Hill is located 9 km far from Kathmandu Valley with an altitude of 2128m. The area is situated inside Shivapuri National Park. The hike offers bird watching experience inside the jungle as well as excellent views of the Himalayas from the top.
Nagarjun Hill Hike with Nepal Guide Treks and Expedition starts after a short drive from the heart of Kathmandu. We follow all ascending trail through jungles. We can see several spices of birds such as Northern Eagle, Owl, Red-billed Blue Magpie, Long-tailed Mountain Thrush, Chestnut-headed Bee-Eater, Maroon Oriole and many more at Nagarjun Hill.
After complete gradual ascending steps for 2 hours, we reach the top. From there we can have splendid views of mountain ranges. We can see there Buddhist monasteries filled with prayer flags. After having a wonderful time at Hill, journey descends back and drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Nagarjun Hill Hike
- Breakfast at Hotel 07:00 AM
- Drive from Kathmandu to the base of Nagarjun Hill [30 min Drive]
- Hike through the stone paved ascending steps [2-3 hrs Hike]
- En-route enjoy with Bird watching at Nagarjun Jungle
- Splendid views of mountains and Kathmandu valley from the top of Hill
- Take packed Lunch at Nagarjun Hill
- Back to base via its descending trail [1-2 hrs walk]
- Drive back to Kathmandu [30 min Drive]
- Drive from Kathmandu to hike starting point by private vehicle
- Hiking guide
- Salary of guide
- Mineral water
- Drive back to Kathmandu
- Entry fee
- Service charge and all necessary paperwork
- Personal Gear
- Gift and Souvenir
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|2 Sep, 2020||2 Sep, 2020||USD 45||OPEN||Book Now!|
|17 Sep, 2020||17 Sep, 2020||USD 45||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|7 Oct, 2020||7 Oct, 2020||USD 45||OPEN||Book Now!|
|20 Oct, 2020||20 Oct, 2020||USD 45||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|5 Nov, 2020||5 Nov, 2020||USD 45||OPEN||Book Now!|
|19 Nov, 2020||19 Nov, 2020||USD 45||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
Hiking is an outdoor activity which consists of walking in natural environments, often in mountainous or another scenic terrain. People often hike on hiking trails
When you hike, it means you are walking from a lower elevation to a higher elevation. On the other hand, when you walk, it means that you are only trekking a relatively smooth and flat path, without too many hurdles. Hiking entails a lot more effort than walking since the path in hiking trails is more difficult.
The main difference between the two is that hiking is mainly a leisure activity which is done by walking on well-made trails and man-made roads.
However, trekking is a more rigorous, and more challenging activity. It tests one’s physical ability, endurance, and even their mental or psychological capacity.
Getting outside for even a short hike regularly can reduce your risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure and cholesterol and help to prevent type II diabetes. Hiking makes you strong.
- Buy a local guidebook. Hiking guidebooks are essential when it comes to finding the right hike for you.
- Start small.
- Bring lots of water.
- Pack your backpack.
- Protect yourself from the sun.
- Wear the right shoes.
- Ask some friends or family to go with.
- Know what to do in case of an emergency.
Hiking was invented in the Black Forest – It was Philipp Bussemer from Baden-Baden who, at the end of the 19th century
GLIMPSES OF Nagarjun Hill Hike
see what our valued client have to say
Kathmandu a day hike – wow!!!Marie, Thomas and friends [France]
We trekked Everest Base Camp with Nepal Guide Treks and Expedition which was really amazing. After complete EBC trek, we did have one extra day at Kathmandu so we choose Nagarjun Hill hiking. Hike through continuous ascending steps via forests took us to reach Jamacho Hill station. From there, we show amazing views of Kathmandu valley and surrounding mountains. Our hike guide Anjan was very funny and knowledgeable. Everything well arranged!!!!! Highly recommended Nepal Guide Treks and Expedition