Pokhara Lakes Fishing Highlights :
- Fishing in two crystal clear lakes of Pokhara – Phewa Lake & Begnas Lake
- Explore the beautiful Pokhara valley with the magnificent views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges while enjoying fishing in the beautiful lakes of Pokhara.
- Ideal Fishing Ground: Mahaseer, Common and Grass Carp, Catfish and other species of Fishes.
- Experience the local culture and traditions of people around Pokhara as well as of Kathmandu.
Trip Introduction :
Pokhara Lakes Fishing is an opportunity for tolerant and patient fishermen to gain ultimate fishing adventure in the serene and crystal clear lakes of beautiful Pokhara Valley – Phewa Lake and Begnas Lake. Pokhara is a beautiful city and is among one of the popular destinations of Nepal that is quieter and less hectic than Kathmandu. Phewa, Begnas and other lakes were all part of the huge body of water that once filled Pokhara valley.
Phewa lake is popular among tourists while Begnas Lake – located approximately 15 km away from Pokhara still remains untouched. This fishing trip is a perfect option for those wanting to explore the beautiful Pokhara Valley while gaining a unique fishing experience in the crystal clear lakes of Nepal.
Both lakes offer good fishing grounds for Mahaseer, Common Carp, Grass Carp, Catfish and several other species of fishes with magnificent views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges. All in all, this trip is a combination of leisure day fishing activities, including boating and camping with promising big catches in the lakes of Pokhara. This fishing trip allows us to gain lifetime experience of memorable fishing adventure.
Pokhara Lakes Fishing with Nepal Guide Treks starts at the capital city of Nepal – Kathmandu. After a short meeting and exchange of fishing plans for the next few days, we will drive over Prithvi Highway from Kathmandu towards Pokhara. Once we reach Pokhara, we will unload our bag packs and get ready with our fishing gears to start our long waited fishing in Phewa Lake.
Around the lakeside, there will be heavy traffic of small wooden boats with people on Phewa Lake excursion. Thus we will take our boats to some best fishing corners of the lake where we can fish in a peaceful and calm environment away from the crowd. A one-day fishing trip is not enough to experience good fishing.
We will spend three days in Phewa Lake, occupied with fishing activities – making baits and casting our fishing lines from one spot to another. We will be enjoying great views of Annapurna range mountains while reeling some good size fish, truly indulging in memorable fishing experience. After good fishing at Phewa Lake, we will drive towards Begnas Lake for more fishing. Begnas Lake is less commercial but equally popular for its good fishing grounds.
We will continue our fishing adventure in Begnas Lake for the next couple of days. After the end of our fishing days, we will spend a leisure day at Pokhara to explore Pokhara’s natural wonders and interesting cultures. Our exciting and memorable lakes fishing adventure in Pokhara with Nepal Guide Treks ends with a scenic drive from Pokhara back to Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Drive to Pokhara and transfer to hotel at Lakeside Pokhara.
- Day 03: Fishing at Phewa Lake
- Day 04: Fishing at Phewa Lake
- Day 05: Fishing at Phewa Lake
- Day 06: Drive towards Begnas Lake for more Fishing
- Day 07: Fishing at Begnas Lake
- Day 08: Fishing at Begnas Lake and drive back to Pokhara
- Day 09: Leisure day at Pokhara
- Day 10: Drive from Pokhara back to Kathmandu
- Day 11: Transfer to International Airport for departure.
- Airport arrival and departure transfer by private vehicle
- Hotel/Resort accommodation in Kathmandu with BB Plan – As per mentioned in Itinerary
- All required ground transport by private vehicle as per mentioned in the itinerary
- Camping tent accommodation during a fishing trip
- All meals during fishing and Camping tour
- Fishing Expert guide – highly knowledgeable
- Guided Hiking and rafting trip –as per mentioned in Itinerary
- All required camping equipment
- Required number of supportive staff i.e. – Cook, staff to carry equipment
- Required permits for fishing
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner
- All applicable tax, VAT and necessary paperwork
- Required fishing equipment
- Your travel insurance
- International flight and departure tax
- Any expense of personal nature
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any kinds of Bar bills
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|5 Sep, 2021||15 Sep, 2021||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|16 Sep, 2021||26 Sep, 2021||USD 1055||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|2 Oct, 2021||12 Oct, 2021||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|14 Oct, 2021||24 Oct, 2021||USD 1055||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|7 Nov, 2021||17 Nov, 2021||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|21 Nov, 2021||1 Dec, 2021||USD 1055||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|10 Mar, 2022||20 Mar, 2022||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|27 Mar, 2022||6 Apr, 2022||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Apr, 2022||25 Apr, 2022||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|25 Apr, 2022||5 May, 2022||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
Fishing is a kind of pulling fish out of water.
The best season for fishing in Nepal is from October to November and February to May.
Some prominent fishing areas are Karnali, Babai in Bardiya, Chitwan’s river confluences, Dolalghat, on Kodari Highway and Pokhara’s lakes.
Most significantly, Karnali River is gifted with good fishing spot for the fishing enthusiast.
Fishing techniques include hand-gathering, spearfishing, netting, angling and trapping.
Recreational, commercial and artisanal fishers use different techniques, and also, sometimes, the same techniques. Recreational fishers fish for pleasure or sport, while commercial fishers fish for profit.
Commercial fishing is important because there are thousands of people make a living by fishing. Besides, fish is an essential food all over the world.
Recreational fishing is important because it can help people feel relaxing, and people can gain a lot from fishing.
The most common form of recreational fishing is done with a rod, reel, line, hooks and any one of a wide range of baits or lures such as artificial flies.
The practise of catching or attempting to catch fish with a hook is generally known as angling.
- High in important nutrients
- May lower your risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Contain nutrients that are crucial during development
- May boost brain health
- May help prevent and treat depression
- A good dietary sources of vitamin D
- May reduce your risk of autoimmune diseases
- May help prevent asthma in children
- May protect your vision in old age
- Fish may improve sleep quality
- Delicious and easy to prepare
Fish is among the healthiest foods on the planet. It’s loaded with important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D.
Fish is also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain.
Fishing tackle is the equipment used by anglers when fishing. Almost any equipment or gear used for fishing can be called fishing tackle.
Some examples are hooks, lines, sinkers, floats, rods, reels, baits, lures, spears, nets, gaffs, traps, waders and tackle boxes.
GLIMPSES OF Pokhara Lakes Fishing
see what our valued client have to say
Amazing fishing at Phewa Lake and Begnas LakeSindre and Fredrik [American Samoa]
We are from Norway and very much interested in adventure activities including Fishing. We found Nepal Guide Treks on the internet. Then we booked our Pokhara lakes fishing trip with them. We must say that the whole fishing trip was just amazing. We enjoyed every single moment on our trip. We had wonderful views of Mount Fishtail and Annapurna ranges while fishing. Great service was provided to us during the whole fishing trip. Thanks to everyone in the team for giving us so much more than we had expected. Nice fishes and the environment was just wonderful. We strongly recommend Nepal Guide Treks to the people out there trying to find good fishing trips in Nepal.Thanks Again NGT !! We will certainly come back to do for more fishing in Nepal with you.