Sunkoshi River Fishing Highlights :
- Comfortable Camping, Adventurous Rafting and Magnificent Fishing in Sunkoshi River
- Ideal Fishing Ground: Mahaseer, Snow Trout, River Catfish and Fresh Water Eel
- Explore the fascinating landscapes that vary from beautiful terraced farmlands to steep gorges and to subtropical forests that lie in the vicinity of River.
- Rafting in one of the top whitewater river rafting in the world.
Trip Introduction :
Sunkoshi River is also known as the ‘ River of Gold ‘. It is one of the most well known and commercial rivers of Nepal. The river stands high among one of the best whitewater rafting trips in the world. Sunkoshi River Fishing is the combination of the adventurous rafting in the rapids of River while fishing in some spectacularly hidden pockets of the river.
To add more adventure to the trip, we will spend memorable camping days in the surrounding of River – fishing, singing and dancing with good campfires. This River Fishing is an excellent opportunity for interested anglers and fishermen to gain ultimate freshwater fishing experience while exploring the changing landscapes around the River, that varies from beautifully terraced farmlands to steep gorges and subtropical forests.
Sunkoshi River Fishing with Nepal Guide Treks starts at Kathmandu. From Kathmandu, we will drive east over Arniko Highway towards Dolalghat. Our drive offers splendid views of mountain ranges including the views of local people involved in doing daily activities for livelihood. Once we reach Dolalghat, we quickly unload our bag packs and fishing gears and get ready for our adventurous rafting on Sunkoshi river.
We will raft along with the incredible rapid flows of the river towards Lubughat. As soon as we get off from our rafting boats – we start our long waited fishing adventure. The River comprises of several spectacular fishing spots where one can enjoy fishing as long as they wish in a peaceful and calm environment. After spending a whole day fishing we will continue rafting towards Seleghat.
Here we will spend a relatively short time casting our fishing lines in the river. The memorable and adventurous Sunkoshi River Fishing with Nepal Guide Treks ends with a scenic drive from Dumja back to Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Drive to Dolalghat & Raft towards Lubughat
- Day 03: Fishing at Sunkoshi River
- Day 04: Fishing and Rafting towards Seleghat
- Day 05: Half day Fishing & drive from Dumja back to Kathmandu via Dhulikhel.
- Day 06: Leisure day at Kathmandu
- Day 07: Transfer to International Airport for departure
- Airport arrival and departure transfer by private vehicle
- 3 Nights stay in Kathmandu with BB Plan
- All required ground transport by private vehicle as per mentioned in the itinerary
- Camping tent accommodation during a fishing trip
- All meals during fishing and Camping tour
- Fishing Expert guide – highly knowledgeable
- Guided Hiking and rafting trip –as per mentioned in Itinerary
- All camping equipment, Raft, Rafting guide
- Required number of supportive staff i.e. – Cook, staff to carry equipment
- Required permits for fishing
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner
- All applicable tax, VAT and necessary paperwork
- Required fishing equipment
- Your travel insurance
- International flight and departure tax
- Any expense of personal nature
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any kinds of Bar bills
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|9 Mar, 2021||15 Mar, 2021||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|26 Mar, 2021||1 Apr, 2021||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|14 Apr, 2021||20 Apr, 2021||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|24 Apr, 2021||30 Apr, 2021||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|19 Sep, 2021||25 Sep, 2021||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|24 Sep, 2021||30 Sep, 2021||USD 1055||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|15 Oct, 2021||21 Oct, 2021||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|23 Oct, 2021||29 Oct, 2021||USD 1055||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|15 Nov, 2021||21 Nov, 2021||USD 1055||OPEN||Book Now!|
|23 Nov, 2021||29 Nov, 2021||USD 1055||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
Fishing is a process of pulling fish out of water.
The best season for fishing in Nepal is from October to November and February to May.
Some prominent fishing areas are Karnali, Babai in Bardiya, Chitwan’s river confluences, Dolalghat, on Kodari Highway and Pokhara’s lakes.
Most significantly, Karnali River is gifted with good fishing spot for the fishing enthusiast.
Fishing techniques include hand-gathering, spearfishing, netting, angling and trapping.
Recreational, commercial and artisanal fishers use different techniques, and also, sometimes, the same techniques. Recreational fishers fish for pleasure or sport, while commercial fishers fish for profit.
Commercial fishing is important because there are thousands of people make a living by fishing. Besides, fish is an essential food all over the world.
Recreational fishing is important because it can help people feel relaxing, and people can gain a lot from fishing.
The most common form of recreational fishing is done with a rod, reel, line, hooks and any one of a wide range of baits or lures such as artificial flies.
The practise of catching or attempting to catch fish with a hook is generally known as angling.
- High in important nutrients
- May lower your risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Contain nutrients that are crucial during development
- May boost brain health
- May help prevent and treat depression
- A good dietary sources of vitamin D
- May reduce your risk of autoimmune diseases
- May help prevent asthma in children
- May protect your vision in old age
- Fish may improve sleep quality
- Delicious and easy to prepare
Fish is among the healthiest foods on the planet. It’s loaded with important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D.
Fish is also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain.
Fishing tackle is the equipment used by anglers when fishing. Almost any equipment or gear used for fishing can be called fishing tackle.
Some examples are hooks, lines, sinkers, floats, rods, reels, baits, lures, spears, nets, gaffs, traps, waders and tackle boxes.
GLIMPSES OF Sunkoshi River Fishing
see what our valued client have to say
Incredible Rafting & Great Fishing at Sunkoshi River with ‘NGT’Bryan, John and Adam [United States]
We must admit that our fishing experience at Sunkoshi was amazing. It was one of the best moments of our lives. Very professional service was provided to us by Nepal Guide Treks. All the members of the company were very polite, caring and had to help nature. The rafting was totally fun, the rapids of the Sunkoshi river is not to be underestimated. Truly awesome feeling. We hooked a couple of good size fishes - it always feels good to feel some good size fish. Camping was well arranged and we had a lot of fun during our trip. We recommend Nepal Guide Treks for memorable and adventure trips in Nepal.