Tamur River Fishing Highlights :
- Fishing Experience in Tamur River.
- A four-day trek that allows you to explore the remote and less-visited region of eastern Nepal.
- Be part of an adventurous rafting & comfy camping during the trip.
- Ideal Fishing Ground: Mahaseer, River Catfish, Silver Trout, Fresh Water Eel, Common and Grass Carp.
Trip Introduction :
Tamur River is one of the tributaries of Sapta Koshi River, that flows through the heart of Eastern Nepal. The rivers is originated from the ice melts of Mount Kanchenjunga – 3rd highest mountain of the world and offers one of the best white water rafting and fishing activities in Nepal.
The trip includes the short trekking in the remote and less-visited eastern region of Nepal, combined with the adventurous rafting experience in the rapids of Tamur River while enjoying the excellent freshwater fishing and camping at the banks of Tamur River.
Besides, the trip offers great views of the world’s towering mountains including Everest, Kanchenjunga and Makalu and the exploration of natural wonders surrounding the Tamur River. Tamur River Fishing is an excellent opportunity for those wanting to explore the less-visited eastern region of Nepal while gaining an ultimate rafting and incredible fishing experience in one of the best white water rivers of Nepal.
Tamur River Fishing with Nepal Guide Treks starts at Kathmandu. Leaving Kathmandu we will make a long drive southeast towards Basantapur – the starting point of the short trek. From Basantapur, we will trek continuously for four days following the trail that passes through traditional villages and terraced farmlands. During our trek, we will have magnificent views of beautiful valleys and surrounding mountains including Everest, Kanchenjunga, and Makalu.
The trek is a rather easy walking trail that winds up a little at a pass near Gupha Pokhari reaching at an altitude of 3043 meters before gradually descending down to the lush green Tamur Valley. We continue on our splendid trekking journey towards Dobhan where our Rafting and Fishing journey in Tamur River begins.
We will quickly make our rafts and fishing gears ready for an unlimited rafting adventure and the best fishing of our lifetime in the thrilling water rapids of Tamur River. We will enjoy some good fishing moments, casting our fishing lines in some spectacular hidden fishing spots of the river and indulging in some good fish-fights.
We will spend our days mostly fishing and rafting and our nights mingling with each other – singing and dancing in our riverside camps. Following the steep flow of the river, we will enter the flat Terai region heading towards Chatara – the ending point of our trip. Our memorable and adventurous Fishing trip at Tamur River with Nepal Guide Treks ends with a sweeping drive from Chatara back to Kathmandu
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur and drive to Basantapur via Dharan
- Day 03: Trek from Basantapur to Mangalbare and Camp [5-6 hrs Trek]
- Day 04: Trek from Mangalbare to Gupha Pokhari and Camp [5-6 hrs Trek]
- Day 05: Trek from Gupha Pokhari to Gorja and Camp [4-5 hrs Trek]
- Day 06: Trek from Gorja to Dobhan and Camp [3-4 hrs Trek] - Starting point of the Fishing trip.
- Day 06: Fishing/Rafting at Tamur River - camp at Kabeli Dobhan
- Day 07: Whole day Fishing
- Day 08: Fishing/Rafting at Tamur River - camp at Koya River confluence
- Day 09: Fishing/Rafting at Tamur River - camp at Dumre
- Day 10: Whole day Fishing
- Day 11: Fishing/Rafting at Tamur River - camp at Tribenighat
- Day 12: Fishing/Rafting at Tamur River - camp at Chatara - Ending point of the Fishing trip.
- Day 13: Drive from Chatara back to Kathmandu
- Airport arrival and departure transfer by private vehicle
- 2 Nights stay in Kathmandu with BB Plan
- Flight from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur
- All required ground transport by private vehicle as per mentioned in the itinerary
- Camping tent accommodation during a fishing trip
- All camping equipment
- All meals during the fishing tour
- Fishing Expert guide – highly knowledgeable
- Required permits for fishing
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner
- All applicable tax, VAT and necessary paperwork
- Required fishing equipment
- Your travel insurance
- International flight and departure tax
- Any expense of personal nature
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any kinds of Bar bills
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|20 Oct, 2021||1 Nov, 2021||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|5 Nov, 2021||17 Nov, 2021||USD 2555||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|23 Nov, 2021||5 Dec, 2021||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|9 Mar, 2022||21 Mar, 2022||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|21 Mar, 2022||2 Apr, 2022||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|11 Apr, 2022||23 Apr, 2022||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|27 Apr, 2022||9 May, 2022||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Sep, 2022||27 Sep, 2022||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|23 Sep, 2022||5 Oct, 2022||USD 2555||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|2 Oct, 2022||14 Oct, 2022||USD 2555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Oct, 2022||27 Oct, 2022||USD 2555||LIMITED||Book Now!|
Fishing is a kind of pulling fish out of water.
Fishing techniques include hand-gathering, spearfishing, netting, angling and trapping.
Recreational, commercial and artisanal fishers use different techniques, and also, sometimes, the same techniques. Recreational fishers fish for pleasure or sport, while commercial fishers fish for profit.
Some prominent fishing areas are Karnali, Babai in Bardiya, Chitwan’s river confluences, Dolalghat, on Kodari Highway and Pokhara’s lakes.
Most significantly, Karnali River is gifted with good fishing spot for the fishing enthusiast.
The best season for fishing in Nepal is from October to November and February to May.
Commercial fishing is important because there are thousands of people make a living by fishing. Besides, fish is an essential food all over the world.
Recreational fishing is important because it can help people feel relaxing, and people can gain a lot from fishing.
Fishing tackle is the equipment used by anglers when fishing. Almost any equipment or gear used for fishing can be called fishing tackle.
Some examples are hooks, lines, sinkers, floats, rods, reels, baits, lures, spears, nets, gaffs, traps, waders and tackle boxes.
The most common form of recreational fishing is done with a rod, reel, line, hooks and any one of a wide range of baits or lures such as artificial flies.
The practise of catching or attempting to catch fish with a hook is generally known as angling.
Fish is among the healthiest foods on the planet. It’s loaded with important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D.
Fish is also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain.
- High in important nutrients
- May lower your risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Contain nutrients that are crucial during development
- May boost brain health
- May help prevent and treat depression
- A good dietary sources of vitamin D
- May reduce your risk of autoimmune diseases
- May help prevent asthma in children
- May protect your vision in old age
- Fish may improve sleep quality
- Delicious and easy to prepare
GLIMPSES OF Tamur River Fishing
see what our valued client have to say
Amazing Tamu River Fishing !!!Dominik and Friends [Poland]
We are a group of four from Poland. We booked this fishing trip with Nepal Guide Treks mainly because of the wonderful trekking that was combined with amazing rafting and absolutely best fishing. We had a lot of fun during the trip. Everyone in the team was very helpful and looking after each other. Trekking through cultural villages was awesome. Rafting on the rapids of Tamur River was too much fun, that feeling can't be expressed in words. We also had great fishing moments, hooked good size Maahseer and some catfishes. It was truly awesome. We highly recommend Nepal Guide Treks for all adventure related activities in Nepal.