- Tibet Kharta Valley Trek
- Trip Duration
- 18 Days
- Trip Grade
- Moderate to Adventurous
- Camping Trek
- BB Plan during Tour and All meals during Trekking
- Private vehicle & flight
- Group Size
- Minimum 4
- Best Season
- Autumn and Summer
- Per Day Walk
- Approx. 4 - 6 Hours
Trip Highlights of Tibet Kharta Valley Trek :
- Explore the isolated region – Kharta Valley & Khangsung Valley, enjoy the serene wilderness with amazing views of fascinating landscapes and towering mountains.
- Excursion of Khangsung Everest Base Camp (east face) & Everest Advanced Base Camp (north face)
- Magnificent views of Mt Everest 8848m, Mt Shishapangma 8013m, Mt Makalu 8481m, Mt Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt Gauri Shankar 7145m, and other high mountains.
- Sightseeing tour of Lhasa: Visit Potala Palace, Norbulingka Palace, Jokhang Temple and other interesting historical buildings and sites.
Trip Introduction :
Tibet Kharta Valley Trek is a challenging yet rewarding trek around one of the isolated and less reached regions of Tibet. The trek offers spectacular views of the world’s high mountains while passing through the traditional Tibetan villages, monasteries, steep valleys in the pristine wilderness.
During the trek, we will visit Khangsung Everest Base Camp – east face of Everest. And after trekking, a visit to Everest Advanced Base Camp is made for a splendid view of Everest north face. In addition, we will spend a full two day guided sightseeing tour at Lhasa visiting several sites of religious and other significance including Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, and Norbulingka Palace.
Tibet Kharta Valley Trek with Nepal Guide Treks starts with a scenic drive along Nepal-Tibet highway, passing through Nyalam towards Kharta – the starting and ending point of the trek. After spending good acclimatization days at Nyalam and Kharta, we start our trek passing through alpine meadows, traditional Tibetan villages, ancient monasteries, glacier valleys and high mountain passes towards Everest’s East base camp also known as Khangshung Everest Base Camp.
From there we continue to follow on our trail with panoramic views of towering mountains towards the crossing of challenging Langma La Pass at 5320 meters. While exploring the isolated region’s pristine wilderness, our journey heads back to Kharta. From Kharta Valley, we drive towards Rongbuk village. While we are at Rongbuk, we will visit Rongbuk Monastery which is the highest monastery in Tibet.
We will have an early morning excursion to Everest Base Camp. After spending some quality time at the Everest Base Camp we continue our drive journey towards Lhasa – the holy city. At Lhasa, we will spend two days with a full sightseeing tour. We will make visits to Potala Palace, Norbulingka Palace, Jokhang Temple, Tibet Museum, Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery and shoppers’ favourite – Barkhor Bazaar.
The incredible experience at Tibet Kharta Valley Trek with Nepal Guide Treks ends with a sweeping flight from Lhasa back to Kathmandu or to your preferred destination
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Sightseeing In Kathmandu[PashupatiNath, Monkey temple(swayambhunath), Durbar Square, Bouddhanath]
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Lhasa flight[1hr:20m flight]
- Day 04: Sightseeing in Lhasa: Norbulingka palace, Potala Palace, Drepung and sera Monastery [overnight at Hotel]
- Day 05: Drive from Lhasa To Shigatse(3800m) [overnight at Hotel]
- Day 06: Drive to Shegar,[overnight at camping]
- Day 07: Drive to Kharta, [overnight at camping]
- Day 08: Trek to Lundrubling, [overnight at camping]
- Day 09: Trek over Shio -La Pass (4,970 m) to Karma Tsangpo. Overnight at camping
- Day 10: Trek to Kang Seung Valley, [overnight at camping]
- Day 11: Trek to Pethang Ringmo, [overnight at camping]
- Day 12: Trek to Hoppo, [overnight at camping]
- Day 13: Trek to base camp area east face of Mt. Everest, [overnight at camping]
- Day 14: Trek to Base of Langma -La, [overnight at camping]
- Day 15: Trek over Langma -La Pass (5,330 m) to trek to Lundrubling, [overnight at camping]
- Day 16: Drive to Dza Rongphu Monastery, [overnight at hotel]
- Day 17: Drive to Shigatse, [overnight at hotel]
- Day 18: Drive to Lhasa, [overnight at hotel]
- Day 19: Fly to Kathmandu[Lhasa Gonggar Airport] or Preferred destination
- Day 20: Rest day
- Day 21: Final departure
- All necessary Tibet Travel Permits
- Nepal to Tibet Visa Procedure and Fees
- Trekking permits and fees
- Flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu
- All ground transportation by Private Vehicle including Airport Pick up and Drop.
- Accommodation in standard hotels for cities
- BB Plan in cities
- Camping accommodation during trekking
- All meals include in trekking period
- All essential camping equipment
- General first aid kids
- Required numbers of Trekking Guide and supportive staffs
- Staffs food, clothing, salary and insurance
- City sightseeing as per itinerary with local Guide
- All necessary entry fees for city sightseeing
- Cost of Government and Local Taxes
- International flight tickets
- Lunch and Dinner in cities
- Accommodation and meals in Kathmandu outside the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides, driver, cook, and porters
- Personal Trekking Equipment & personal expanses
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|1 Mar, 2020||18 Mar, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|8 Mar, 2020||25 Mar, 2020||USD 3555||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|15 Mar, 2020||1 Apr, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|7 Apr, 2020||24 Apr, 2020||USD 3555||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|14 Apr, 2020||1 May, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|21 Apr, 2020||8 May, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|4 Sep, 2020||21 Sep, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|11 Sep, 2020||28 Sep, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|18 Sep, 2020||5 Oct, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|25 Sep, 2020||12 Oct, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|9 Oct, 2020||26 Oct, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|16 Oct, 2020||2 Nov, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|23 Oct, 2020||9 Nov, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|30 Oct, 2020||16 Nov, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|6 Nov, 2020||23 Nov, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|13 Nov, 2020||30 Nov, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|20 Nov, 2020||7 Dec, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
|27 Nov, 2020||14 Dec, 2020||USD 3555||OPEN||Book Now!|
GLIMPSES OF Tibet Kharta Valley Trek
see what our valued client have to say
Kharta Valley TrekkedAndrew and Team [Canada]
We are good trekker from Canada; we go to Nepal every year to spend our adventure holiday. This year we decided to trek in Tibet – Kharta Valley Trek. We spoke with our favourite trekking agency “Nepal Guide Treks” about our requirement. Prakash Devkota sends me a comprehensive package of Tibet Kharta Valley Trek and we blindly accept it. After complete the trek, we are very happy, experience exceed our expectation. Tibet is amazing land in the world; we would love to visit again and again. Thank you Nepal Guide. All the Best!!!!
Trekking amazing trail – Kharta ValleyMichael [Norway]
We just returned after complete 18 days Kharta Valley Trek in Tibet. We would like to thank Nepal Guide Team for organizing us this great trip. We felt the pleasure of heaven during the entire trip. Great people.. great culture….great trip…..great scenery….breathtaking mountains…. Delicious foods…….experienced guide…… skilful cook…..no complains!!!!!! Would be back again.