- Upper Mustang Mountain Biking
- Trip Duration
- 18 Days
- Trip Grade
- Moderate to Adventurous
- Eco Lodges
- Full Board during Biking Tour & BB Plan in City
- Private vehicle & flight
- Group Size
- Minimum 2
- Best Season
- Autumn and Spring
- Per Day Walk
- Approx 5 -7 Hours
Trip Highlights of Upper Mustang Mountain Biking :
- Unlimited Biking Adventure and Exploration of ‘ The Forbidden Kingdom ‘ – Lo Manthang.
- Magnificent views of Annapurna & Dhaulagiri Massifs and other surrounding peaks.
- Kali Gandaki Valley – world’s deepest gorge
- Experience the remote and traditional villages of the Mustang region that are influenced by Tibetan culture.
Trip Introduction :
Upper Mustang Mountain Biking is a great opportunity for those searching for an ultimate adventure in the Himalayas. Located at the north-west part of Nepal, Mustang is widely known as the ‘ Forbidden Kingdom’ and was opened for tourists only after 1992. So, this trip provides an opportunity to explore the region’s lifestyle, culture, traditions, architectural heritage and values that has survived a thousand years of isolation.
The adventurous mountain biking experience in Upper Mustang – one of the most remote regions of the world, provides thrilling biking adventures while enjoying the views of scenic valleys, surrounding high mountains and exploring the ancient hidden trading routes that connect India-Nepal-Tibet mainly for trade. Mustang is largely influenced by Tibetan culture.
Lo-Manthang – the unofficial capital of Mustang is one of the last places on earth where ancient Tibetan cultures and traditions are still practised in daily lives. Upper Mustang Mountain Biking certainly offers the unlimited mountain biking adventure to those with true spirit and passion for mountain biking in the Himalayas.
Upper Mustang Mountain Biking with Nepal Guide Treks starts at Kathmandu. At Kathmandu we will ride on some of the best trails around fascinating villages and temples of the valley, exploring the culture and the daily lives of local people. Our forward journey is led by a drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara, and a scenic short flight from Pokhara to Jomsom – the starting point of the biking trip.
From Jomsom, we start our biking adventure riding along the Kaligandaki gorge on a flat and rocky jeep track towards the medieval village of Kagbeni. From Kagbeni we continue to ride along the jeep trail that is mostly uphill towards Muktinath. After Muktinath, our forward journey enters the forbidden land of the Upper Mustang, while enjoying downhill rides and pushing the uphills we head further north passing through Chaile, Syangboche, Tsarang and towards Lo-Manthang.
Lo-Manthang is the capital of Mustang. It is a walled city that is home to numerous ancient monasteries and well preserved Tibetan cultures and traditions that are unique and fascinating. It is worth spending a day for exploration around Lo-Manthang. From Lo-Manthang we make our return journey through some new single-track routes, with splendid views of surrounding high peaks and breathtaking valleys.
We continue on our downhill ride passing through the apple garden of Marpha and continue to descend all the way down to reach Tatopani. At Tatopani, we can relax on a hot spring to wash away our tiredness after a thrilling biking adventure. From Tatopani, we will ride along the easy jeep track trail to reach Beni. Our adventurous and challenging mountain biking experience to Upper Mustang with Nepal Guide Treks ends with a drive from Beni to Pokhara and another drive from Pokhara back to Kathmandu.
- Day 01: rrive at Kathmandu [1345m/4411ft] & transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Cycling Tour at Kathmandu valley
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara [820m/2689ft][5 hrs Drive]
- Day 04: Morning flight to Jomsom [2713m/8898ft] & Ride to Kagbeni [2800m/9184ft][12 km]
- Day 05: Ride from Kagbeni to Muktinath [3800m/12467ft][20 km]
- Day 06: Ride from Muktinath to Chaile [3050m/10004ft][18 km]
- Day 07: Ride from Chaile to Syangboche [3800m/12464ft][20 km]
- Day 08: Ride from Syangboche to Tsarang [3620m/11873ft][22 km]
- Day 09: Ride from Tsarang to Lo-Manthang [3730m/12234ft][20 km]
- Day 10: Rest/Exploration day at Lo-Manthang
- Day 11: Ride from Lo-Manthang to Ghami [3490m/11447ft][30 km]
- Day 12: Ride from Ghami to Samar [3150m/10332ft][32 km]
- Day 13: Ride from Samar to Marpha [2670m/8757ft][30 km]
- Day 14: Ride from Marpha to Tatopani [1190m/3903ft][45 km]
- Day 15: Ride from Tatopani to Beni [830m/2722ft][35 km] & Drive to Pokhara.
- Day 16: Drive from Pokhara back to Kathmandu
- Day 17: Leisure day at Kathmandu
- Day 18: Transfer to International Airport for departure.
- Airport Arrival and departure transfer by private vehicle
- 4 nights stay in Kathmandu and 2 night stay in Pokhara with BB Plan
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu including tour guide and entry fees
- Flight from Pokhara to Jomsom
- Required land transportation by Private Vehicle – as per mentioned in Itinerary
- All meals [B/F, Lunch & Dinner] during a biking trip
- Tea House Accommodation biking tour
- ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Permit), TIMS (Trekker’s Information Management System) and required Biking permits
- Special Permit for Upper Mustang Region Entrance – USD 500 Per Person
- Highly experienced Mountain Biking Guide
- Required Number of Porters
- Staffs food, clothing, salary & Insurance.
- General First aid Kids
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- All tax, vats and necessary paperwork
- Your personal Travel Insurance
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Personal expanses
- Mountain bikes and its expanses like maintenance, repairing.
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new dates, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|2 Mar, 2020||19 Mar, 2020||USD 2255||GUARANTEED||Book Now!|
|9 Mar, 2020||26 Mar, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
|16 Mar, 2020||5 Mar, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
|25 Mar, 2020||11 Apr, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
|7 Apr, 2020||24 Apr, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
|18 Apr, 2020||5 May, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
|27 Apr, 2020||14 May, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
|13 Sep, 2020||30 Sep, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
|17 Sep, 2020||4 Oct, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
|24 Sep, 2020||11 Oct, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
|9 Oct, 2020||26 Oct, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Oct, 2020||1 Nov, 2020||USD 2255||LIMITED||Book Now!|
|22 Oct, 2020||8 Nov, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
|28 Oct, 2020||14 Nov, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
|15 Nov, 2020||2 Dec, 2020||USD 2255||OPEN||Book Now!|
Mountain biking is a sport of riding bicycles off-road, often over rough terrain, using specially designed mountain bikes.
Mountain bikes share similarities with other bikes but incorporate features designed to enhance durability and performance in rough terrain.
Following are the health benefits of Mountain Biking?
1) Improved Heart Health.
2) Less Stress on the Joints.
3) Decreased Risk of Diseases.
4) Reduced Stress and Improved Mood.
5) Increased Brain Power.
6) Improved balance and coordination.
While anyone can ride in shorts and a cotton t-shirt, the proper attire will keep you much more comfortable out on the trails.
Mountain bike jerseys come in short sleeves, 3/4 length sleeves and long sleeves, and are designed with a cut that’s non-restrictive to your riding and tends to be a bit longer on the backside.
- Yeti. The first mountain bike brand on the list is Yeti Cycles, founded in 1985 and currently located in Colorado.
- Kona. Founded in 1988, Kona Bicycle Company is one of the best mountain bike brands in the world.
- Santa Cruz.
Biking is about as ideal as a cardio exercise gets. It provides a low-impact workout that also builds strong legs and improves heart health
- Northwave Extreme XC Bikeradar.
- Shimano AM9 Bikeradar.
- B’Twin 500 Bikeradar.
- Giro Terraduro Bikeradar.
- Adidas Terrex Trail Cross Project Bikeradar.
- Adidas Terrex Trail Cross Bikeradar.
- Five Ten Freerider Contact Bikeradar.
- Shimano AM7 Bikeradar.
When it comes to mountain biking, gloves are most essential for grip and protection.
When you‘re riding trails and hopping down boulders, your hands need to be more or less an extension of your handlebars to maintain control.
Regular cycling stimulates and improves your heart, lungs and circulation, reducing your risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Cycling strengthens your heart muscles, lowers resting pulse and reduces blood fat levels
You don’t need mountain bike shoes. When you’re just beginning it’s fine to use normal shoes like trainers or skate shoes when you ride flat pedals.
GLIMPSES OF Upper Mustang Mountain Biking
see what our valued client have to say
Amazing MTB adventure at Upper MustangSergio + Jose [Spain]
I just came back from an amazing mountain biking adventure tour of Upper Mustang organized by Nepal Guide Treks. Many thanks to Nepal Guide Treks for providing professional and outstanding service. Everything from pre-trip queries to post-trip activities was smoothly taken care. Great job !! It was an epic mountain biking experience that offered breathtaking sceneries of valleys and high mountains including mustang's unique culture and religion. I won't forget the memorable adventure in my entire life. Highly Recommended for adventure activities in Nepal.
Mountain Biking adventure to ‘Upper Mustang’Antonio, Fabio, Samuel and Gabriel [Italy]
We booked our Upper Mustang mountain biking adventure with Nepal Guide Treks in November 2014. It was the best MTB adventure we have ever done. All in all, we would say - professional organization, experienced mountain bike guides, superb accommodation and excellent food. The cycling tracks were good off-road and excellent mixture of downhill descends and technical long climbs. We explored the forbidden kingdom of Lo Manthang which was truly fascinating and inspiring at the same time. We can't describe our feelings in words about how happy we are after doing this trip. We would recommend NGT to anyone who loves mountain biking and wants to explore Nepal.Thanks again NGT !!